• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry in Sanford

M&P1980

Hey I'm new to this forum and I just started to oc and was wondering if anyone had any problems in Sanford or Fayetteville and does anyone know which stores allow oc. Thanks

WalkingWolf

Hi! Welcome to OCDO. I live just south of Sanford, both my wife, and I OC. NO problems at all, not unusual to have people thank us. We shop in Walmart, Food Lion, and many other businesses in Sanford, very few are posted. We have never been asked to leave because we were armed in Sanford. You may see us, just look for the armed Santa Claus.

NOW Fayetteville there are people who OC, and I OC, but you sometimes will get the stink eye. There are a lot of Yankees that are in Fayettenam. The Mall is now posted, after a incident with a Soldier lawfully carrying a rifle was arrested for GATTTOP. Assuming the posting was because the arrest went no where. We only go to Fayetteville when we have to, but we have had no problem with Restaurants there.

Anymore you can find almost anything you want in Sanford that you can in Fayetteville.

M&P1980

Hi! Welcome to OCDO. I live just south of Sanford, both my wife, and I OC. NO problems at all, not unusual to have people thank us. We shop in Walmart, Food Lion, and many other businesses in Sanford, very few are posted. We have never been asked to leave because we were armed in Sanford. You may see us, just look for the armed Santa Claus.

NOW Fayetteville there are people who OC, and I OC, but you sometimes will get the stink eye. There are a lot of Yankees that are in Fayettenam. The Mall is now posted, after a incident with a Soldier lawfully carrying a rifle was arrested for GATTTOP. Assuming the posting was because the arrest went no where. We only go to Fayetteville when we have to, but we have had no problem with Restaurants there.

Anymore you can find almost anything you want in Sanford that you can in Fayetteville.

Thanks for your help hope to see you some time. We also go to Sanford for almost everything

bc.cruiser

Very few stores in Fayetteville are "posted". The mall has always been posted, but since the incident WW mentioned, the posting is a separate and larger sign. I noticed it on my way in to Sears. The only other places I've seen posted are medical offices (except my dentist). ABC stores in Cumberland county are posted.