• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pre Lobby day breakfast Mon., 1/16/17

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Tradititionally, we have met at River City Diner on Parham Rd. before disending on the General Assembly Building.

Normally, RCD opens at 7:00am but the meet up time at the GAB has been moved up to 8:00am, so time will be tight.

Alternately, I and others will likely head to Hardee's just a few blocks away up the road from RCD at 3201 Parham Rd (Parham & Staples Mill Rd)
Meeting at 5:30am (they open at 5:00) will give us plenty of time to eat and get to the GAB, park and group up there by 8:00am.
Take your pick between the two locations but do eat somewhere - the Bell Tower event will possibly delay lunch.

Remember to carry a handgun in the GAB you must have a permit or license recognized by Virginia.

Last edited:

scouser

Remember to carry a handgun in the GAB you must have a permit or license recognized by Virginia.

How about putting getting that rule removed on the list of things to lobby for? There's no permit required to OC in Virginia, what makes them think that building is anything special?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
How about putting getting that rule removed on the list of things to lobby for? There's no permit required to OC in Virginia, what makes them think that building is anything special?
The governator would veto it and there is not a big enough majority in the Senate to override his veto.

Best we can do is to get a more conservative governor in office AND increase our presence in the Senate.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
The governator would veto it and there is not a big enough majority in the Senate to override his veto.

Best we can do is to get a more conservative governor in office AND increase our presence in the Senate.

I disagree. The best we can do is convince a couple more in the Senate to vote on the side of freedom vice regulation.

Probably not gonna happen, realistically. But we cannot allow ourselves to think that only future actions or half-measures are the best we can do.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I disagree. The best we can do is convince a couple more in the Senate to vote on the side of freedom vice regulation.

Probably not gonna happen, realistically. But we cannot allow ourselves to think that only future actions or half-measures are the best we can do.
Good. Better. Best.

We need to work on all avenues of positive change in who serves in what capacity.

Last edited: