• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dinner Sun, Jan, 15th, pre Lobby Day

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Our traditionally, heavily attended pre Lobby day Dinner will be Sun. Jan. 15th at 5:30pm

Hibachi Sushi & Supreme Buffet
(Westland Shopping Center)
8087 W. Broad Street
Richmond, Va 23294

VCDL will provide a reflector (email address soon) - Please follow the simple instruction and respond there.

Please put "pre Lobby Day dinner" in the subject line together with the total number attending.
Example: pre Lobby Day dinner +3

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The email reflector is up and working. People are already responding.

The early responses are very much appreciated as they will help in planning.

Should circumstances not allow you to commit or if it only works out at the last minute, please come on down. We will always find more seats = walkins welcomed. :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I appreciate the confirmations. So far we have 22 people who are planning to be there. Lasty year, we had 74 attendees.

We can beat that easily.

If for some fluke you cannot make the grand event, Lobby Day at the GAB, you can pick up a depth of information and have fun too at this dinner. Please come on out and join us - bring family and friends.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Drinks are FREE !

There will be no charge for soft drinks, coffee or tea to members of this group.

The manager of this particular location is a very likeable guy and he appreciates our business.

Think he said that he has worked at this location for 17 years - he works 7 days per week, 365 days a year. When I jokingly suggested a part-time job, he said he had one.......raising 4 children.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Drinks are FREE !

There will be no charge for soft drinks, coffee or tea to members of this group.

The manager of this particular location is a very likeable guy and he appreciates our business.

Think he said that he has worked at this location for 17 years - he works 7 days per week, 365 days a year. When I jokingly suggested a part-time job, he said he had one.......raising 4 children.

I'll remember to thank him.

I wonder if they are the same people opening the Hibachi Grill here in Lower Alexandria.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Stand up and be counted.

We are just over 1/3 of the total count from last year at this point.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Think Trump's winning has anything to do with the lower count?
The count is not lower.

It is a work in progress, about where I expected it to be at this point. Prior, I was comparing the count-to-date to the total from last year.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Additional way to make a dinner reservation

I have recorded all replies from the VCDL reflector AND from a few who have posted their intent on other threads.

Anyone who is registered can send me a PM and I will see to it you are included - my PM box is not, nor will be full.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I expect that myself, the dear wifester, and the munchkin will be in attendance this year. I haven't responded to any VCDL e-mail on it yet though. Count me from here though, if you like.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Looks like we are going to have a crowd.

Remember, drinks and conversation are FREE.

Walk-ins are welcomed......we'll even find you a seat. :rolleyes:

sidestreet

Three for me, please…,

me, The Bubba Man and Mrs. Bubba Man!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29:11-13

Philippians 1:3

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
New and improved price terms

$15.00 per person, unlimited buffet, unlimited drinks AND gratuity - all inclusive.
Some of us will undoubtedly sweeten the pot.

Expect that we will make their day! Will be one of the safest places in the state. Our numbers are expected exceed the total from last year.

Tonight, Sunday, January 15[SUP]th[/SUP], 5:30 pm

Hibachi Sushi & Supreme Buffet
(Westland Shopping Center)
8087 W. Broad Street
Richmond, Va 23294

https://hibachisushiandsupremebuffet.com/

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We rocked - all told we numbered 100!

Philip Van Cleave - VCDL pres + numerous Directors and John Pierce Administrator of OCDO.

Lots of boots on the ground, old friends and new.

Last edited: