• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can LEO's offer alternate punishment ?

Fallschirjmäger

But hey, if you truly think Officer Friendly did something illegal, immoral, or un-Constitutional, they you'll probably want to contact his superiors

I'd start with Police Chief Will Johnson, 817-459-5717 email policeadmin@arlingtontx.gov
or Internal Affairs Leiut. John McGraff, 817-274-4444 email IA@arlingtontx.gov

I mean... if you truly believe he did something wrong why be a ... mmm, err... kitty about it?
all-hat-no-cattle.png

I look forward to hearing your report of their response.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

But hey, if you truly think Officer Friendly did something illegal, immoral, or un-Constitutional, they you'll probably want to contact his superiors

I'd start with Police Chief Will Johnson, 817-459-5717 email policeadmin@arlingtontx.gov
or Internal Affairs Leiut. John McGraff, 817-274-4444 email IA@arlingtontx.gov

I mean... if you truly believe he did something wrong why be a ... mmm, err... kitty about it?
all-hat-no-cattle.png

I look forward to hearing your report of their response.:rolleyes:

Did you just insult me? Insulting people on the internet is a true coward.

stealthyeliminator

(2) "DEMAND" no demand was made, no punishment was levied. Words Mean Things⁽ᵀᴹ⁾ and 'demand' is not the same thing as 'offer'. To demand something coercion must be present.

I don't think your sentiment here is true.

If he had gone to court, and the judge gave him the option of doing pushups or jail time, would you be saying that the court levied no punishment? Being given the opportunity to pick your poison doesn't mean you aren't being poisoned. The introduction of a faux choice doesn't negate the fact that one of the options was extrajudicial punishment. You'd actually have a better case for your argument if the kid had chosen to go to jail, as in that case the extrajudicial punishment wouldn't have actually occurred - just the threat of it.

Fallschirjmäger

I don't think your sentiment here is true.

If he had gone to court, and the judge gave him the option of doing pushups or jail time, would you be saying that the court levied no punishment? Being given the opportunity to pick your poison doesn't mean you aren't being poisoned. The introduction of a faux choice doesn't negate the fact that one of the options was extrajudicial punishment. You'd actually have a better case for your argument if the kid had chosen to go to jail, as in that case the extrajudicial punishment wouldn't have actually occurred - just the threat of it.
We'll have to agree to disagree, I guess.

HAD the youth not been offered the choice and Had he gone to court, and Had the judge said "I'm sentencing you to pay $500 for a Class C misdemeanor. Pay the Clerk on your way out" then that would have been levying of a punishment.

On the other hand, the judge saying "I have heard both the prosecution and the defense and am prepared to render a verdict. There is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that you are guilty of the crimes charged against you and I will now render my decision. The fine for a Class C misdemeanor in Texas is $500, payable to the Court Clerk.
On the other hand, get down and do 100 push-ups and I'll nolle prosequi the case, have the arrest expunged at no charge, there is no fine, and I'll have the money you gave the bail bondsman refunded to you"

Gawd, what a horrible choice to be presented with, the anguish the youth would feel about being forced to choose between the two alternatives just tugs at your heart strings, doesn't it?

Exactly where is the threat when the alternative to being found guilty is the dropping of charges, the sealing of any court record, and the NON-payment of any fine and walking out a free man?

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

That depends on whether or not you truly believe he did something wrong and yet refuse to take action about it.

Are you going to just bluster, or are you going to email or call the numbers provided?

Go pound sand! Nothing you post is worth a scat because of your insults. There is no depends on anything, you leveled a personal insult, which is just chicken scat.

countryclubjoe

Go pound sand! Nothing you post is worth a scat because of your insults. There is no depends on anything, you leveled a personal insult, which is just chicken scat.

Indeed, putting two quasi-intellectual, quasi alpha-males in the same room/thread and the insults will commence. Lack of reason and logic and civility is surrendered and the chameleons are exposed.. I rest my case..

My .02

Fallschirjmäger

I distinctly recall writing "IF" at least twice.
So IF the shoe fits wear it, IF NOT then you couldn't be insulted.

Feel free to call or write, IF you care so much.

Love ya much, Chris.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

Indeed, putting two quasi-intellectual, quasi alpha-males in the same room/thread and the insults will commence. Lack of reason and logic and civility is surrendered and the chameleons are exposed.. I rest my case..
You know how I value your reasoned opinions, Joe, don't you?
IMG_0409-d5e164d9bf343915a129cd0c656846db.JPG

You almost make this too easy, there's no sport in it.

WalkingWolf

I distinctly recall writing "IF" at least twice.
So IF the shoe fits wear it, IF NOT then you couldn't be insulted.

Feel free to call or write, IF you care so much.

Love ya much, Chris.

Your such a non truth teller, it was an insult why can't you be a man, and admit to it.

BTW you did not use if where you called me a kitty referring to female anatomy. I can only assume IF you cannot be a man, you are less than a man.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

Your such a non truth teller, it was an insult why can't you be a man, and admit to it.

BTW you did not use if where you called me a kitty referring to female anatomy. I can only assume IF you cannot be a man, you are less than a man.

I have no problems with calling someone a 'kitty':lol: if they only talk big.
As I said... IF you feel strongly about the officer's actions, hes command is ready to hear from you.

It all depends on IF you have the _____________ to call them.
Not that I'm saying you have to... you're free to talk big and do nothing all you want, it's a free country.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

But hey,if you truly think Officer Friendly did something illegal, immoral, or un-Constitutional, they you'll probably want to contact his superiors

Check again, Wolf, heck you quoted me so it's not like I can go back and change the words you quoted.
That's "IF" and if my math is correct, that's twice, including where I said anyone who felt strongly enough.

You probably feel a bit foolish about saying I didn't say "if" about now, so I'll let it drop.

WalkingWolf

But hey,if you truly think Officer Friendly did something illegal, immoral, or un-Constitutional, they you'll probably want to contact his superiors

Check again, Wolf, heck you quoted me so it's not like I can go back and change the words you quoted.
That's "IF" and if my math is correct, that's twice, including where I said anyone who felt strongly enough.

You probably feel a bit foolish about saying I didn't say "if" about now, so I'll let it drop.

We had a difference of opinion until you called me a vagina. You are nothing but a coward. There is no if about it. When you want to admit your carp, and apologize get back to me. Until then you are not worth the sweat of the hind end of slug.

Fallschirjmäger

Please lets just proceed accordingly, again you shall never be accepted into The Triple Nine Society..
Oh, noes!
Whatever shall I do, wherever shall I go, oh Woe is me!

We had a difference of opinion until you called me a vagina. You are nothing but a coward. There is no if about it. When you want to admit your carp, and apologize get back to me. Until then you are not worth the sweat of the hind end of slug.

Pick up the telephone. Call and complain, record it.
Write an email, mark it 'read receipt requested', show proof.
And I'll apologize for hurting your feelings.

Is it a deal, WW?

BTW, you might recall the words of Heinlein in Citizen of the Galaxy, "A wise man could not be insulted, since truth could not insult and untruth was not worthy of notice." I'm sure he wasn't thinking specifically of you, though.... just in general.\
You cannot insult me, no matter how you try.

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

The part about when there is or isn't a victim.

Is it "victimless" to drive 100 mph, through a school zone, with a BAC or .18% until you actually hit someone?

Is it "victimless" to point a loaded gun at an innocent person since you haven't actually shot him yet?

Is it "victimless" to shoot that loaded gun at an innocent person so long as you don't actually hit him? Put in more subtle terms, at what moment does the victim become the victim? Only when the bullet strikes? Only when you pull the trigger? Or have you infringed an innocent man's rights at some point prior to that?

So you're suggesting some drug addict has more of a right to feed his habit than I do to breath air free of his pollutants?

You might want to take your own advice on studying natural law.

Charles

I shall dust off the works of, Aquinas, Martin Buber, Socrates, Tillich, James Wilson and on his Day Martin Luther King Jr.. Than I may have the knowledge to converse with you on " natural law"..

Regards
CCJ

countryclubjoe

Were the pushups performed on private property, if yes, is there an ordinance against exercising on private property?

Also consider, when the young pot head was exercising under the supervision of the drill sergeant LEO, how many other more serious crimes were being committed in the area.. Point being, the LEO probably had some more important police work to attend thereof. Instruct the young pot head to extinguish said joint and move on. Go do some real police work!

My .02

CCJ

Fallschirjmäger

Considering the officer was off-duty and being employed as a security guard by the theater, probably not.
It's amazing the things one learn when you actually bother to educate oneself.:cool:

countryclubjoe

Considering the officer was off-duty and being employed as a security guard by the theater, probably not.
It's amazing the things one learn when you actually bother to educate oneself.:cool:

He must be your hero, mall cop and government actor and probably has his GED. No TNS for you..

My .02

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Sometimes, the Proof Is...

In the Unused Alternative.

Innocent people have been coerced to do things at the threat of arrest. That is just one of the reasons that this cannot be allowed. The officer should be fired for impersonating a court officer, and fired. A police officer does not have the authority to levy punishment, that is the job of the courts. Plus all the officer had to do was issue a notice to appear, and allow the proper authority to make that decision.

Or, give a fatherly lecture.

Or, educate the kid on the law.

Or, threaten to notify the kid's parents.

Etc.

Last edited: