• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Minnesota has dropped recognition of Ohio licenses

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Minnesota dropped 4 more states in this year's evaluation of states with similar laws: Arkansas, Ohio, Oklahoma and Tennessee are no longer recognized. Since Ohio hasn't had any new firearms or concealed carry laws take effect during the past year, I have no idea why they were dropped.

https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/bca/bca-divisions/administrative/pages/permit-to-carry-reciprocity.aspx

It is a violation of Forum Rules to post the same thing multiple times. I have deleted the other. You need to be more aware of these rules to avoid further sanctions.

"(7) NO SPAMMING: Links to spam/membership sites not related directly to firearms are NOT allowed under any circumstances! It is also considered spamming to post the same thread (even valid ones) to multiple forums or posting the same reply to multiple threads."

You have "no idea why they were dropped" ? Research it and let us know what you find - thanks for volunteering. :rolleyes:

Ken56

Like Hillary trying to blame Vermont for NYC gun violence and Rham blaming Indiana for Shitcago's gun violence now MN can blame other states for all those illegal guns sprouting legs and walking across the border causing all that gun violence and that because they will not deal with those that perpetrate it and just pass blame for their own failures. See, easy.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Like Hillary trying to blame Vermont for NYC gun violence and Rham blaming Indiana for Shitcago's gun violence now MN can blame other states for all those illegal guns sprouting legs and walking across the border causing all that gun violence and that because they will not deal with those that perpetrate it and just pass blame for their own failures. See, easy.

Well, someone's to blame, right ? It cannot be themselves ! LOL

People complaining about not getting a permission slip....awwww, how sweet.

Brian D.

This loss of reciprocity with Minnesota caught many of us carriers here in Ohio off guard. I for one try to keep my eye open with regards to states I actually plan to travel to, but staying dialed in on all (What was it according to BHO, 56?) states is a bit much.

davidmcbeth

Banned
This loss of reciprocity with Minnesota caught many of us carriers here in Ohio off guard. I for one try to keep my eye open with regards to states I actually plan to travel to, but staying dialed in on all (What was it according to BHO, 56?) states is a bit much.

What happened to all those from OH caught in MN with their guns? Oh my....I don't think you check if your permit is OK every 5 min., right?

Last edited:

JustaShooter

It is a violation of Forum Rules to post the same thing multiple times. I have deleted the other. You need to be more aware of these rules to avoid further sanctions.

"(7) NO SPAMMING: Links to spam/membership sites not related directly to firearms are NOT allowed under any circumstances! It is also considered spamming to post the same thread (even valid ones) to multiple forums or posting the same reply to multiple threads."

You have "no idea why they were dropped" ? Research it and let us know what you find - thanks for volunteering. :rolleyes:

My apologies, I was not aware that two posts in different areas, one in a relevant thread, one creating a new thread, would fall afoul of the rule against spamming. What would be the appropriate way to let both the Ohio and Minnesota members know about the change?

As to research, I am doing exactly that - there have been *no* changes to Ohio's concealed handgun licensing law since the last annual review performed my Minnesota, and although there has been much speculation, I have not yet been able to find any official reason for the change. My inquiries to both MN and OH governmental agencies have not yet been answered, presumably because of the New Year holiday.

Brian D.

What happened to all those from OH caught in MN with their guns? Oh my....I don't think you check if your permit is OK every 5 min., right?

To be honest Minnesota has been nothing more than a "pass through on the way to a GOOD state" state for me. It seems like their left leanings get worse over the years so it isn't a place I want to spend time, or importantly, money in.