• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC breakfast Sat., 1/7/17

scouser

Greater Richmond OC breakfast Sat., 1/7/17, 8:30am

River City Diner
803 E Parham Rd.
Richmond
, VA 23227
(804) 266-1500

We march around the breakfast table.
http://www.oldradioshows.org/2012/0...ast-table-it’s-time-for-“the-breakfast-club”/

First OC breakfast of the year for RVA - looks like such meetups might take root.
:p

As a lot of the time it's you and I at breakfast, and they're calling for the heaviest band of the white stuff to be coming down between 5 and 10am tomorrow, perhaps we should postpone breakfast. It's a good distance from your house and that means you'd have a long journey in the company of a bunch of people that can't drive. I don't even know if I'll be able to get out of my neighborhood, we're usually trapped in by ploughs that put a big wall of snow between our cars and the street, so I also don't want you making the journey to eat alone if I can't get there.

solus

btw, isnt the white stuff coming your fault :eek: since you mentioned the stuff in another thread?

just saying...

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
As a lot of the time it's you and I at breakfast, and they're calling for the heaviest band of the white stuff to be coming down between 5 and 10am tomorrow, perhaps we should postpone breakfast. It's a good distance from your house and that means you'd have a long journey in the company of a bunch of people that can't drive. I don't even know if I'll be able to get out of my neighborhood, we're usually trapped in by ploughs that put a big wall of snow between our cars and the street, so I also don't want you making the journey to eat alone if I can't get there.
Will be in the West End with a straight shot down Parham Rd. DoubleTap will be with me.

It would be problematic to postpone in any event - to when? Nah, I'll be there.

scouser

btw, isnt the white stuff coming your fault :eek: since you mentioned the stuff in another thread?

just saying...

ipse

oh, shut up .... ;)

anyway, that was about dinner, this is about breakfast, totally unrelated and different subject

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Will be in the West End with a straight shot down Parham Rd. DoubleTap will be with me.

It would be problematic to postpone in any event - to when? Nah, I'll be there.
DoubleTap opted out and I couldn't get out. The snowplow cleared the drive lanes in D's apartment complex....down to the ice and piled up the snow behind the vehicles.

scouser

The snowplow cleared the drive lanes in D's apartment complex....down to the ice and piled up the snow behind the vehicles.

That's what they do in our street too. They were plowing here while it was still coming down heavy, 30 minutes after that you'd think they'd never been here

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That's what they do in our street too. They were plowing here while it was still coming down heavy, 30 minutes after that you'd think they'd never been here

Don't know why it wouldn't work to angle the blade to the center of the road, do both sides, then clean up the middle.

scouser

they didn't use a traditional plow in our street, here they were using a Bobcat type tracked vehicle so what didn't go in the front scoop just sprayed out to the sides. I shoveled the snow wall away from my car back into the middle of the street and they scooped it out of the way on their next pass. At least this time it was light fluffy dry snow instead of the wet kind that hurts your back to lift.

Logan wants to go to RCD tomorrow as it's his birthday and he wants the staff to sing to him after he helped them do the same for a young girl a few weeks ago, BUT I don't know when we'll try to get there, will probably be after 10.30 as I want to watch live coverage of Liverpool FC starting their 2017 FA Cup campaign against Plymouth Argyle on Fox Sports before we leave home, and that kicks off at 1.30pm UK time and with the 5 hour time difference will be finished by 10.25am here. Also that gives the roads a little longer to get cleared