• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where is the NRA?

mnrobitaille

New Washington State NRA-ILA Grassroots Coordinator

I believe that you are reffering to Keely Hopkins. She is also a liason for the NRA ILA on the ground in Oregon and Washington. She was added a few years ago, Judy has been doing it for a couple of decades.

According to an e-mail I just received, Washington State has a new NRA-ILA Grassroots Coordinator, Ben Carpenter. Keely Hopkins will stay within the state as a Lobbyist.

My name is Ben Carpenter, and I will be your new Grassroots Field Coordinator. Keely Hopkins, who many of you have worked with and who has been a tremendous asset to NRA-ILA, will continue on as one of our State and Local lobbyists.

Like it has been for Keely, Washington is a place that has always been special to me. I grew up in Colville, roughly an hour north of Spokane, and was the oldest of three siblings. My wife was also raised in the Inland Northwest, having grown up near Ione. Upon receiving my diploma, I moved to Oregon to attend Eastern Oregon University. While at EOU, I discovered my interest in politics and grassroots organizing; coincidentally, Keely and I co-founded the Eastern Oregon chapter of College Republicans together, and have continued to fight for Freedom ever since.

After working over a decade managing political campaigns across the Northwest ranging from local municipal races to state-wide positions, I am blessed to get the opportunity to return to my passion of igniting community support in grassroots efforts for a cause as fundamental as the Second Amendment.

We have a lot of work to do in Washington before we can begin peeling away decades of bad legislation on the books that compromise our Second Amendment right to bear arms - burdening law abiding citizens. This can’t be done without having all hands-on-deck – working together to move the needle back on gun regulation.

I am excited for the years ahead serving NRA-ILA, and having the opportunity to build on what Keely has already established. I am also anxious to meet all of you as we continue the hard work of protecting our Second Amendment Rights, so please feel free to email me at ben@nrailafrontlines.com at any time.

Yours in Freedom,

Ben Carpenter
Oregon Grassroots Field Coordinator - NRA-ILA
ben@nrailafrontlines.com
http://www.nrailafrontlines.com/