• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC help needed - campus carry signup tomorrow & Wednesday

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
>> HELP NEEDED <<

Anyone want to OC with me (sidearms only, weather permitting) during the day at the University of Cincinnati tomorrow and/or Wednesday, during all or part of the hours of 11-5?

A campus group, Young Americans for Liberty, is gathering signatures in support of campus carry - so you'd be an interactive billboard.

If you're interested, PM or call me.

JustaShooter

Sigh. A *little* more notice - at least a week, preferably two - would give me a chance to attend these sorts of events. As it is, work obligations will prevent me from attending.

solus

BB62, truly sorry can't facilitate a trip that quick ~ as pleasant experience as it sounds, especially since i have to be back in state nlt 1500L (added) thursday.

best of luck on this endeavour...

ipse

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Sigh. A *little* more notice - at least a week, preferably two - would give me a chance to attend these sorts of events. As it is, work obligations will prevent me from attending.
I'm sorry to hear that, but it's completely understandable.

I just found out about the event today, hence the last minute request.

Brian D.

Hopefully going forward the campus carry students will keep you in their loop a little better, BB62. I'm casting no aspersions at anyone by the way.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Hopefully going forward the campus carry students will keep you in their loop a little better, BB62. I'm casting no aspersions at anyone by the way.
I certainly understand, and fortunately there are no aspersions to be cast! :)

There's more to the story than I want to post publicly. If you come I'll tell you all about it. (or you can call me)

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I was the only non-student present today in front of TUC (Tangeman University Center), but quite a few signatures were gathered by YAL members.

There were comments pro & con, but the common themes were that students felt they weren't a) consulted, and b) informed enough about campus carry.

I was only able to handle the cold from 11-3:30. We'll see how the weather is tomorrow, and I'll post my plans then.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
The high (or low) point of the day was when I and the YAL fellow were heatedly but respectfully discussing with two black students what they insisted would happen to them if they were to open carry as I was doing.

Both insisted, one much more forcefully than the other, that they'd be **shot dead by police**. I told them they were wrong, that although I conceded that the initial contact with an officer could very be different for them than me, that how things would unfold from there was simply NOT preordained. <sigh>

I repeatedly offered to OC with either one of them, provided they supplied their own firearms, I suggested one fellow look me up on Facebook (which he did) and friend me (which he hasn't), so I guess they're going to continue to live in their own "colored" world. It's a shame.

Last edited:

JustaShooter

I'm sorry to hear that, but it's completely understandable.

I just found out about the event today, hence the last minute request.

Understood (and figured that was the case), just frustrated I can't attend more events.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
LOADS of fake news has resulted from the media twisting this effort, and publishing the libelous and defamatory statements of a UC associate professor. I refuse to post such trash here, and instead post this article, which, although it doesn't tell the whole story, is the most accurate of what's out there:

http://www.wlwt.com/article/gun-act...ncinnati-greeted-with-mixed-reactions/8648145

"Heads almost always turn when someone openly carries a gun on public property in Ohio.

WLWT heard from some UC students who are upset over a man with a gun on campus this week.

UC grad Jeffry Smith wore visibly holstered sidearms on Tuesday and Wednesday as he talked to students in the vicinity of the school's Tangeman University Center.

Students gave their opinions on Smith's firearms.

"There were those who were inquisitive about what this is all about," Smith said. "There were even those who went to the police and said, 'What's going on here?'"

What Smith did was legal, even if some find it unsettling.

"As a parent, it would freak me out," Doreen Hunt said. Hunt traveled from Texas to visit UC's campus in Clifton with her soon-to-be freshman daughter. "We have the right to bear arms but, you know, all within reason," Hunt said.

WLWT investigator Todd Dykes asked Hunt is she thinks a college campus is within reason.

"No," Hunt said. "There's a time and a place for everything, and I don't think this is it." ...

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
There is over a half million conceal carry licensed individuals in Ohio. These snowflakes just don't realize how many guns they are around every day and they don't even know it.