• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BLAST MDA, Everytown, and LWV WITH COMMENTS AT THIS LINK - NOW!!!

solus

[FONT=open_sansregular]Sunshine State News was born from a desire to cover a side of issues and stories that was absent in the news landscape, to fill the vacuum.[/FONT]
[FONT=open_sansregular]Sunshine State News fills a void – and that is our principal reason for being. We are the only news organization in Florida with an editorial board that believes free-market, less-government solutions will prove successful in addressing the problems challenging our state. Our news stories deal with facts, but we are more than happy to espouse our opinion in columns. We make it our job to tell the side of the stories that other outlets choose to ignore. We cover news statewide, putting the right amount of emphasis on untold stories and up-to-the-minute blogs, the ones that illuminate a rapidly changing economy, the clash of ideas and relationships at the state Capitol and political strategies playing out in all corners of Tallahassee and beyond. We aim to present our stories in a bright, attractive, reader-friendly package.
http://sunshinestatenews.com/about

and this biased, self serving newspeek blog has you worried...

what BS...

ipse

[/FONT]

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
NRA Trashes Stand Your Ground Bill Opponents as 'Fake Activists'

Sounds like the NRA is characterizing them properly to me!

since9

Campaign Veteran
From the article: “This activist said the NRA is out of touch? I think the elections showed who’s really out of touch,” she told SSN. “The people of Florida love their freedoms. They love their Constitution and the NRA represents the entity fighting to protect that freedom and Constitution. We work hard to elect people who will come to Tallahassee who will support constitutional rights...who will look beyond emotional argument and rhetoric.”

Looks to me like the article was objective and summarized the situation nicely.