Thread: Florida out of state permit approved in less than three days.

Florida out of state permit approved in less than three days.

I'm moving from the liberal crap hole Massachusetts to Southern Florida this fall, I thought it would be best to get a Florida concealed carry permit before I moved. Made an appointment on line three weeks before I went down on business, arrived ten minutes early for my 8:30 appointment. I was very impressed. They took me early, processed me in less than 15 minutes including filling out the forms myself, fingerprints, and photo. It was the best interaction with government I have ever had. In my home state the process for renewal is a hassle, and first time application is a nightmare. It would be nice for open carry in Florida, as I have been open carrying in Massachusetts for several years now and I am comfortable with it. After the entire process they informed me I could convert to an in state for no charge. I think I'm gonna like this place.
    Last edited by edinmass; 02-01-2017 at 04:53 PM.

I put my renewal in the mail from Va to FL on Dec 20. Received renewed non-resident permit back in hand, by mail to Va on Jan 5. Throw in the holiday and all that and I got great service. I was very pleased at their speed and would recommend them to all.

Nemo

Quote Originally Posted by Va_Nemo View Post
    I put my renewal in the mail from Va to FL on Dec 20. Received renewed non-resident permit back in hand, by mail to Va on Jan 5. Throw in the holiday and all that and I got great service. I was very pleased at their speed and would recommend them to all.

Nemo
    like, who else would you recommend lol
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

I have heard good things about Utah but have no personal experience. Same as with TN.

Nemo

Quote Originally Posted by Va_Nemo View Post
    I have heard good things about Utah but have no personal experience. Same as with TN.

Nemo
    Tennessee's process is good in terms of being (relatively) hassle-free. The main drawback is that TN doesn't issue non-resident permits (except to certain nonresidents who have worked in TN for more than 6 months).
    "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Nascar24Glock View Post
    Tennessee's process is good in terms of being (relatively) hassle-free. The main drawback is that TN doesn't issue non-resident permits (except to certain nonresidents who have worked in TN for more than 6 months).

See, thats why I recommend FL for an out of state.

Nemo