• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

arrested for open carry in police station

wabbit

the intimate knowledge being stated out here as a by the way hindsight apparently was not provided to the individual's defense team for presentation to the court as the judge has rendered a felon conviction for both individuals.

Fallschirjmäger

Yeah, posted on the 10th. Three days after the whole thing ended.
Sounds like a conspiracy to withhold from the people knowledge of court proceedings that are openly available to the general public.... or maybe that the writer for Fox2Detroit worked from 7 to 4PM, took Saturday and Sunday off and didn't check the court reports for proceedings that had already happened until Monday morning.

I heartily agree that felony charges are unwarranted... and the conspiracy-minded part of my brain isn't completely disregarding that the judge in the case may be very well aware of that. The two will probably file for an appeal ($), have it go to court and be represented by a lawyer ($$$) and the conviction will be overturned and possibly returned to the lower court ($?). It wouldn't surprise me if the judge was counting on exactly that turn of events, as she faces no repercussions for making a wrong decision, even one deliberately wrong.

As the old saying goes, "You can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride." And it just may be that these two are being deliberately targeted to take a ride.

ETA: I don't mean to suggest that there are two, and only two explanations for the delayed publishing. But I do believe when choosing among competing explanations, that the simplest explanation is more likely to be true, to paraphrase Occam's Razor.

Last edited:

Evil Creamsicle

the intimate knowledge being stated out here as a by the way hindsight apparently was not provided to the individual's defense team for presentation to the court as the judge has rendered a felon conviction for both individuals.

Oh it was. And in fact the motion to drop this charge was granted.
Then suddenly the Governor appointed a new judge who got immediately assigned to the case and immediately reversed the motion granted by the previous judge, THEN expressly forbade the defense attorney from telling the jury that the CPL was valid, or even from telling the jury about firearm transportation laws at all.

solus

http://courts.mi.gov/opinions_orders/case_search/pages/default.aspx

Party Name: BAKER JAMES CRAIG
Case Name:pEOPLE OF MI V JAMES CRAIG BAKER
COA#: 340352
Date Filed: 09/27/2017
Case Status: OPEN
Trial Court: 17-002637 WAYNE CIRCUIT COURT

VREELAND BRANDON BRENTPEOPLE OF MI V BRANDON BRENT VREELAND34075210/23/2017OPEN17-002637 WAYNE CIRCUIT COURT

is CA charles baker’s attorney of record...

27 nov 2017 AT Brf STRICKEN for Failure to Conform to the Requirement of MCR 7.212(C)

Appellant's brief is STRICKEN for failure to conform to the requirements of MCR 7.212(C). The brief does not conform because it does not include a statement of facts with citations to the record as required under MCR 7.212(C)(6) and it lacks page numbers.

Last edited:

solus

oh sorry, i got lost in the legalistic jatgon showing the verdict of the infamous individual(s)?