Thread: Florida man suspected of fatally shooting Wal-Mart shoplifter likely to face charges

Florida man suspected of fatally shooting Wal-Mart shoplifter likely to face charges

"[ ... ]
    “While helping the employee, the customer felt threatened by one of the suspects, who the customer believed was arming himself,” Sheriff’s Office Capt. Angelo Nieves said in news release afterwards. “The customer, who had a firearm of his own, fired to defend himself and the suspects all jumped into their red vehicle and attempted to flee.”
    [ ... ]"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...rt-shoplifter/

"[ ... ]
    Sheriff's office officials will not release the name of the gunman, or say if he had a permit to carry the firearm. A spokesman said that would probably be released when they hand the case to the state attorney's office. Witnesses told Eyewitness News that the gunman lives near the Walmart.

Sheriff's officials told Eyewitness News that people have a right to defend themselves if they feel their life or the lives of others are in jeopardy. However they said they want people to be responsible.

"Accountability, law enforcement has to be accountable, and so does a citizen," Cobaris said."

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/charg...-say/491861284
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-08-2017 at 05:29 PM.
    The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense. I am responsible for what I write, not for your understanding of it. Gee Zeus, get a grip on 'yourself'!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    "[ ... ]
    “While helping the employee, the customer felt threatened by one of the suspects, who the customer believed was arming himself,” Sheriff’s Office Capt. Angelo Nieves said in news release afterwards. “The customer, who had a firearm of his own, fired to defend himself and the suspects all jumped into their red vehicle and attempted to flee.”
    [ ... ]"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...rt-shoplifter/

"[ ... ]
    Sheriff's office officials will not release the name of the gunman, or say if he had a permit to carry the firearm. A spokesman said that would probably be released when they hand the case to the state attorney's office. Witnesses told Eyewitness News that the gunman lives near the Walmart.

Sheriff's officials told Eyewitness News that people have a right to defend themselves if they feel their life or the lives of others are in jeopardy. However they said they want people to be responsible.

"Accountability, law enforcement has to be accountable, and so does a citizen," Cobaris said."

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/charg...-say/491861284
    Wow!! so much fail on the part of OCSD Especially Sheriff’s Office Capt. Angelo Nieves...

FYI on another gun related issue covered on local central Florida tv news. Orlando is having a gun "buyback" this weekend. Sheriff’s Office Capt. Angelo Nieves stated on local TV news that gun owners are irresponsible and to blame when thieves steal firearms from their vehicles. During the last few years several OCSD deputies have had their weapons stolen from OCSD vehicles... Does that also mean that OCSD deputies are also irresponsible???... I doubt the good Capt. will make that leap!! I guarantee you'll never hear that muttered from their mouths!!
    TRIPLE FACE PALM!!!!!!
    “We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand

"free people ought...to be armed." In so doing we grasp the larger lesson that the ability to defend ourselves is part and parcel to our freedom. George Washington , January 7, 1790

Yes, the gun turn in is/was linked from the WFTV page.
    The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense. I am responsible for what I write, not for your understanding of it. Gee Zeus, get a grip on 'yourself'!