• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unhinged Liberals and the 1A

OC for ME

Trump Attacks the First Amendment to Discredit The Facts About His Russian Connections

By Sarah Jones on Thu, Feb 16th, 2017 at 2:11 pm

President Donald Trump used his press conference about his new labor nominee to launch an attack on the First Amendment by blaming the free press for reporting on his campaign's Russia connections.
Liberals are unhinged. Since when do discrediting facts equate to abridging the 1A? Sorry, rhetorical question, liberals are, perpetually, unhinged answered my question.

Hateful and unhappy lot liberals are.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Russia and the US have lots of nuclear weapons. As Trump says there is no upside.

What is so funny is I said that well over 50 years ago, "Duck and cover."

countryclubjoe

Liberals are unhinged. Since when do discrediting facts equate to abridging the 1A? Sorry, rhetorical question, liberals are, perpetually, unhinged answered my question.

Hateful and unhappy lot liberals are.

When has DJT espoused facts to support his criticism of the fake news media? Just the facts please.

CCJ

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

Liberals in the media claim that not calling on them during a press conference is a infringement of the 1A.

It appears DJT only picks reporters that ask " NICE Questions"... He likes the nice, easy, soft questions..

At some point he will need to address the tough questions as well.. However he will whine and espouses his normal juvenile rhetoric..

My .02

Fallschirjmäger

It appears DJT only picks reporters that ask " NICE Questions"... He likes the nice, easy, soft questions..

At some point he will need to address the tough questions as well.. However he will whine and espouses his normal juvenile rhetoric..
I think we can all thank our lucky stars that the Press kept Obama's 'feet to the fire' with such probing questions as -
“In this fatherless world, where did you learn to love?” – CBS reporter Harry Smith

What has “Enchanted you the most from serving in this office?” – The New York Times reporter Jeff Zeleny — with a straight face I might add.

And who can ever forget the quote by MSNBC's host Chris Mathews' hard nosed look at Obama where hes opined, "I get the same thrill up my leg, all over me, every time I hear those words. I'm sorry, ladies and gentlemen, that's me. He's talking about my country and nobody does it better." Brutal, just absolutely brutal.

They had absolutely no remorse when they attacked Hillary Clinton either, literally 'going for the throat' with such questions as, “A lot of the women that I meet from traveling overseas are very impressed by you and admire your dignity. A lot of the people you meet are people who’ve suffered, people you saw today, and who believe that they identify with you, because they have seen you suffer.”
— CNN’s Christiane Amanpour
I'm not sure, but I think that was right after she barely survived coming under sniper fire in Bosnia....

“You became First Lady like no other First Lady before you. You had your own interests, you got involved in public policy. No First Lady had done that without being severely criticized. Did you realize what you were getting into?”
“I don’t think people realize how strong your faith is.”
— Questions Barbara Walters posed to Hillary Clinton in a June 8, 2003 ABC special promoting her book, Living History.
I swear, I think I saw actual tears in Hillary's eyes. Did you know she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary? It's true, she said so herself.

CBS’s Katie Couric: “What were you like in high school? Were you the girl in the front row taking meticulous notes and always raising your hand?...Someone told me your nickname in school was ‘Miss Frigidaire.’ Is that true?”
Clinton: “Only with some boys.”
Couric, giggling: “I don’t know if I want to hear the back story on that!”
Clinton: “Well, you wouldn’t want to know the boys either.” [bursts out laughing]
— CBS’s 60 Minutes, February 10, 2008.

Thankfully, the press was never actually caught in collusion with Hillary's campaign.... oh wait.. darn]
http://www.infowars.com/clinton-pre...era-planting-softball-question-with-reporter/

Last edited:

Va_Nemo

Is there a chance that Country Club Liberal Joe is having spousal issues? It is quite an odd favorite word of his monthly.

ETA: I did an external site search for "espouses" a while ago, and got 24 hits!

You have way too much free time on your hands if you have enough to research things like this. Might want to get a dog or go outside or read a book or even talk to someone in person.

Nemo

since9

Campaign Veteran
Liberals in the media claim that not calling on them during a press conference is a infringement of the 1A.

They should exercise their 1A right -- freely -- and write about it, just like they're already doing, unimpeded.

About three decades ago the National Enquirer attempted to gain access to the White House Press Room. Not only were they denied, but they were laughed at by the other media outlets, and rightfully so.

What CNN, the LA Times, the NY Times, Politico, and others failed to share (that's called partial release of information i.e. lying by deception) is that there are roughly eighty total vetted members of the White House Press Corp representing dozens of Television, Print, Radio, and Online news media organizations.

Only five -- less than 10% -- were banned.

So, those five are NOT whining about President Trump infringing on their 1A rights. They're whining because they were caught peddling fake news.

OC for ME

... They're whining because they were caught peddling fake news.
Exactly. But, do not distract yourself from the point of my post. This topic (issue) is about liberalism and what they will do to regain power...and ultimately to eliminate individual liberty that they disapprove of. The media is but one example of liberalism exposed.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Exactly. But, do not distract yourself from the point of my post. This topic (issue) is about liberalism and what they will do to regain power...and ultimately to eliminate individual liberty that they disapprove of. The media is but one example of liberalism exposed.

True. I see it as a triad: The liberal Media, the liberal Politicians, and the brain-washed Masses (useless idiots).

Expose them all.

Fortunately, they're doing a lot of our work for us when they pull stupid stunts like failing to honor fallen heroes or their widows in front of a live, world-wide Television audience.

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

Is there a chance that Country Club Liberal Joe is having spousal issues? It is quite an odd favorite word of his monthly.

ETA: I did an external site search for "espouses" a while ago, and got 24 hits!

Old miserable word salad pointing out my obvious typo and turning said typo into a solecism in an effort to make himself look smart, the pedantic master needs to find a life.. His constant invidious post are driving folks away from this board.. He is a cancer and a provocateur of the highest order!

CCJ

solus

alas, the pompous, looking down the nose commentary, aim'd towards us poor commoners...

i have always wondered about those individuals who have to brag to others on where and lookie how much fun they are enjoying, or their vehicles, or accommodations, or the alledged accomplishments of themselves and offspring, about their true satisfaction w/their lives.

ipse

countryclubjoe

24 instances of espouse is then 24 identical typographic errors.

My life is quite full, thank you, as we are currently 1000 miles away from home, in a month vacation rental rented with bicycling friends and building our miles every day. Currently at thirty miles amidst socializing with friends not on this (gated) island and, today, at St. Matthew's German Evangelical Lutheran Church, and visiting g'g'children. Next month we're in Central Florida bicycling on the Withlacoochee SP trail, and (on topic) getting my Florida carry permit. While we are not bicycling, we play cards (Uff-da), drink vast quantities of good wine, fly a DJI Phantom IV video drone and surf the web. Oh, and eating to ride and riding to eat.

It takes but a moment to pull the wings off of a liberal fly. What is the sound of a liberal buzzing with one right-wing only.

Thats a 46 mile trail, brings lots of water..