Thread: Florida lawmakers propose eliminating gun free zones

Florida lawmakers propose eliminating gun free zones

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ree-zones.html

Two Florida lawmakers proposed legislation to eliminate 15 gun free locations

"Florida Sen. Dennis Baxley and Rep. Don Hahnfedlt have proposed legislation to nix restrictions on where permit-holders can carry concealed weapons. If it passes, it would allow concealed guns at the 15 types of locations where they’re currently prohibited in the state....This includes jails, police stations, courthouses, schools, polling places, airports and locations where alcohol is sold."
    I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

SB0908

Licenses to Carry Concealed Weapons or Firearms; Authorizing persons holding licenses to carry concealed weapons or firearms to carry concealed weapons or firearms in secure and restricted areas of seaports and at school-sponsored events or on school property; authorizing persons holding licenses to carry concealed firearms to carry concealed firearms in pharmacies, etc.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2017/0908
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-16-2017 at 02:50 PM.
    I was not unserious with my suspicion of Gastaut-Geschwind Syndrome. No more quote mining, contextomy!. I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Is Walgreens or CVS a pharmacy or a convenience store? Walmart? A local grocery store that has a pharmacy?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest View Post

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ree-zones.html

Two Florida lawmakers proposed legislation to eliminate 15 gun free locations

"Florida Sen. Dennis Baxley and Rep. Don Hahnfedlt have proposed legislation to nix restrictions on where permit-holders can carry concealed weapons. If it passes, it would allow concealed guns at the 15 types of locations where they’re currently prohibited in the state....This includes jails, police stations, courthouses, schools, polling places, airports and locations where alcohol is sold."

"and locations where alcohol is sold."

huh?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

This is confusing, we can already carry in a pharmacy.