• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Coming to Jefferson , TX April 1-2

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Update:
I went into a liquor store that had a 10 year/$10k fine for "unlicensed" firearms notice so I left my gun in the car to be on the safe side. I asked the owner if a CPL covered the unlicenced part, and he said yes. After a bit of conversation it was very clear he was very pro-carry both CC, and OC. He said he doesn't even care about the signs that carry weight of law. He always carries. "Better judged by 12 than carried by 6" attitude. Thank you TX for a good carry experience even though I CC'd.

KBCraig

Glad you enjoyed it. I didn't reply because I haven't been to Jefferson in probably 8-10 years, so I don't know what's there currently.

It's a beautiful, historic old town. Too touristy for me, and if you're not dressed like a biker you won't get any service at Auntie Skinner's, the main place to have lunch in town.

HPmatt

Sorry I missed thread too. As to OC in East Texas - you'll probably love it. Haven't been in Jefferson since 1980s - back when I worked at Lone Star Steel. Stayed at Jefferson hotel, looked at ledger where Jay Gould signed... Haven't heard much happening since then. We had some of our Swiss & NY bankers visiting the steel mill and took them over to Hughes Springs for lunch at the Hickory Chip BBQ - combination RE office, BBQ joint & gun store. You could order up a chopped beef sandwich and buy a box 38 bullets. Bankers eyeballs got really big on that one - helped us with loan restructuring negotiations - to understand where their collateral was located - when oil prices turned down after 1986 tax reform.