• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Heat

since9

Campaign Veteran
One of these day I would LOVE to hear someone who didn't sound like a knuckle-head backwoods "Whoo-AHH" actually describing the law enforcement and personal protection aspects of this technology.

SERIOUSLY, people. I GREW UP IN THE SOUTH.

If you want the world to take you seriously, and I do MOST CERTAINLY believe in your product, you have GOT to FIRE you current marketing staff and replace them with people who understand both the current U.S. and global firearms economy.

Link to the video: https://www.facebook.com/PowerFullWeapons/videos/403140946707310/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

In my mind, compared to well-aimed 00 loads at 1/100th the expense, this is a FAIL.

How say you?

since9

Campaign Veteran
Since9 - considering some of us have no use for FB, a brief description of what was there would be nice.

Sorry about that!

It's a 12-gauge shotgun shell that's a fin-stabilized grenade and comes in three types: armor-piercing, high explosive, and fragmentation. Accurate to 175 meters (574 feet) due to its fin stabilization. Works well with the AA-12 Fully Automatic Shotgun. :)

Last edited:

Va_Nemo

Having no more information than the first post and the directly above post, my first thought is if you have nothing but a 12 gauge and a target 165 meters away, 300 rounds of any size shot is going to give you poorer results than 1 or 2 rounds of the explosive stuff. Those 1 or 2 would be a more reliable and quicker method of dispute resolution.

Nemo

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Photo of the round

Hhmm? Sounds interesting!
Can you get a screenshot of the slug and post that so we can see what it looks like? If it fits inside the plastic (or brass) shotgun shell, it can't have too much power. That has me questioning the "AP" round.

Do any of you remember the little metal poppers where you put a paper cap in the metal nose and throw it up in the air? When it came down nose first (due to the way it was built and weighted) and struck hard pavement, the cap would fire. I wonder if it looks something like those?

I think it's just a tad more lethal than that. :)

Took me a while (sorry about that) but this page contains a photo of the round in question:

https://www.quora.com/How-it-would-be-if-shotgun-shells-had-explosives

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Good links, OC for ME, and while reviewing the pictures, I had an interesting idea for a bean-bag round that's combined with a smart tasing system.

Knocks em down, and keeps them down for up to 60 seconds.

Fallschirjmäger

Oh, GAWD, not the AA-12 and FRAG-12 again, please.

Jerry Baber on the AA-12 "... Once you see it one time, you'll understand that it's probably the most powerful weapon in the world..." Damn is that some snake oil or what? W.C. Fields would be proud of him.
https://youtu.be/WV379084djs

Consider the destructive power of a 40mm grenade, roughly a .50 pound can of whoop-ass that has a kill radius of 5m (15 ft) and can produce casualties up to 130m (425 ft) away.

Now imagine that shrunk down to the size of your typical 1oz, 12 shotgun slug. Heck, let's break the laws of physics and instead of a 1 oz shell let's double it up to 2oz (just imagine the casing and guidance fins weigh nothing at all). How much explosive power do you think is lost by shrinking the explosive by 75%?

Would that shrink the lethal radius from 15' to roughly 4'? (And... I'm being generous as I DOUBT you could pack double the weight of a lead slug into a 12 gauge 2.75 inch projectile just by packing it with an extra table spoonful of HE.)

There's a reason why the AA-12 and the FRAG-12 haven't made any headway in the last decade and change.

75cad6c69e3cd9496e0b2bd6b2aed748.jpg

That thing is so tiny it's almost adorable.

Oh, and I might mention, I own a USAS-12, same weight, same ammo, same firepower*, same size as an AA-12, I know all about the failings of trying to hump one of those beasts as an individual weapon for an afternoon of yomping.

* AA-12 is automatic only, USAS-12 is semi-auto unless you have one of the Very rare select-fire versions but 300-350rpm is easily doable with a finger and more than a few rounds is just needless noise going down range.

Last edited: