• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tapatalk

mkatzpp

Why does tapatalk no longer work? I searched but saw no topics on this. It's been months, surprised no one cares.

solus

Not Just a Mobile App
Over the past five years, Tapatalk has used billions of data points to build an Interest Graph® to predict what topics your members will want to read next. We help get your members hooked to your community with tools such as a personalized feed, email newsletters, mobile payments and more.

Earn More with Tapatalk
Tapatalk can help earn you money on your mobile traffic. Tapatalk has integrated with the major advertising networks for both banner ads and native ads (like the ads you see in FaceBook) and we share that revenue with you. Or simply add your AdMob or Direct Sold DFP Ad Unit ID, and you can run your own ads. And Tapatalk can also help you drive revenue by accepting donations for your forum, sell your premium memberships, or earn commissions on classified transactions.

https://www.tapatalk.com/

perhaps the oversight by tapatalk as they knowingly gather and collect data points, etc., is something the owners of this forum considered.

ipse

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I used to use it for a couple forums. My phone crashed about a year ago and I didn't reinstall it until just recently. It is now entirely different and nothing I used it for is available. And it spams the crap out of the my phone daily. This thread is a good reminder that I was planning on uninstalling it tomorrow.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Is that so? Some forums still have Tapatalk enabled.

There are lots of vestigial things all over cyberspace. Consider the network-based printer port used by the WannaCry ransomware.

But hey, if you like using TapTalk, that's fine. Do consider the consequences of continuing to use programs that are not routinely update. They can become vulnerable points of attack for viruses.

TigerEYE

Banned
I see. I'm not aware when was the last time they have their system updated or fix bug issues.

solus

jackrockblc and tigereye, etal.,..might read up on the statement i posted previously about the data gathering tapatalk does for revenue generation use by those that imbed taptalk into their application.

just saying...

ipse

jackrockblc

jackrockblc ...might read up on the statement i posted previously about the data gathering tapatalk does for revenue generation use by those that imbed taptalk into their application.

I get your point. I was only responding to the update statement. Nothing at all to do with data collection.