• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Things have improved RE LEOs in Bellingham

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Two weeks ago monday Karma slowed me down a bit. I was making a slow speed turn on my bike and hit "snow sand" at an intersection. I was slapped down in the street with an 800 pound motorcycle on top of me. A first time broken clavicle (3 pieces) a few ribs and internal bruising got me into Medic One, B'hams premier ambulance.

Here is the good part. I had drawn a motorcycle LEO and a Sergeant right away. There was no lock box in the ambulance and the EMTs were leary about me going to the hospital with my sidearm. The Sergeant told me he did not want to impound my gun because it is always hard to get it back. He agreed to deliver it to my Sweet Baboo for me. We walked over to the Bike LEOs motorcycle. I drew my weapon and dropped the magazine (safety on, round in chamber) and offered him the weapon. "I just cannot rack the slide." said I. He emptied the pistol and that was the last I saw of it. I was transported and the SGT went to find my Sweet Babboo. He saw her vehicle and stopped her, explaining what had happened. He then gave her the pistol, holster, magazine and extra round, telling her he did not want to see it impounded. At no time during any of this was there ANY negativity over me being armed. A few of the EMTs asked about it in approving manners, but no negativity.

My point here is this. I was taken at face value, a Legally Armed Citizen and was treated as such. The SGT went out of his way to make sure my firearm was properly cared for. IMHO we have come a long way and Freedom has prevailed.

Dain Bramage

Sorry to see you go down, mo-bro. Hopefully you can get well enough for some mid-season riding.

Any issues with your method of carry during the crash? I've heard of guys getting severely bruised or injured by the gun when carrying on the hip or back.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Sorry to hear about you getting hurt MSG, but if you are like me you were probably stressing more about your bike. PD definitely went above and beyond, so a good ending in a way. Reconsider coming to camping trip?? :)

JoeSparky

Centurion
Heal quickly without complications, good Sir! I never want to hear of a biker down---- especially one I've broken break with!

Question --- When you went over with that firearm low on your hip was it strong side down? or strong side up?

F350

Sorry to hear about your spill, glad things turned out as good as they did.

Had a buddy back in Missouri that was in a wheelchair due to being armed on a bike. He was carrying SOB, T-boned an old woman who pulled out in front of him, did a slow flip over the hood and landed flat on his back breaking the spine at L4 (2nd up from the pelvis).

Be careful out there.