• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Metrolink

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Thought so. Thanks.I had also thought a bill was being introduced to fix it this session?
Come on man, don't be encouraging the politicians to do something so clearly dangerous!! :mad:

Can you imagine the carnage that would occur if law-abiding citizens were allowed to carry on public transportation - like in Ohio??? :eek:

Surely you've heard the stories from places like Ohio, haven't you? :cuss:

Oh, well, nevermind. :confused:

VinnAY

Still have family in Mo. And will visit soon. Have not kept up to date on the new laws. Are buses and trains still a no go?

Just speaking for KCMO things Ive seen on local news, re: public transit, I would feel compelled to carry and take the risk.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
My understanding is that the most they could do if you were caught carrying on Metrolink trains is to throw you off. Buses are a different story and carry criminal charges.

Griz

My understanding is that the most they could do if you were caught carrying on Metrolink trains is to throw you off. Buses are a different story and carry criminal charges.

Thank you! Today I learned something. MO Revised Statutes 577.703, paragraph 4.

I always thought it was all of MetroLink.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Thank you! Today I learned something. MO Revised Statutes 577.703, paragraph 4.

I always thought it was all of MetroLink.

That's the one about buses. I should have looked it up and quoted it but it seemed sort of a dead thread so I didn't. My bad. Thank you for taking the time to do so. And for future reference for everyone:

Bus hijacking, penalty--assault with intent to commit bus hijacking, penalty, with a deadly weapon, penalty--possession and concealment of deadly weapon by passenger, penalty, exception.
4. Any passenger who boards a bus with a dangerous or deadly weapon or other means capable of inflicting serious bodily injury concealed upon his or her person or effects is guilty of the felony of "possession and concealment of a dangerous or deadly weapon" upon a bus. Possession and concealment of a dangerous and deadly weapon by a passenger upon a bus is a class D felony. The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to duly elected or appointed law enforcement officers or commercial security personnel who are in possession of weapons used within the course and scope of their employment; nor shall the provisions of this subsection apply to persons who are in possession of weapons or other means of inflicting serious bodily injury with the consent of the owner of such bus, his or her agent, or the lessee or bailee of such bus.