• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MY CREED..

countryclubjoe

FOLKS..

In light of the hoarse comments being posted onto the " social lounge" thread... Please allow me to enter my " creed'. Said creed applies not only to the aforementioned social lounge but also all other threads that I endeavor to participate therein:

" If anyone, concerned really for truth, undertakes the confutation of my hypothesis, I promise him/her either to recant my mistake, upon fair conviction, or to answer his/her difficulties. But he/she must remember two things.
First, that caviling here and there, at some expression, or little incident of my discourse, is not an answer to my post.
Secondly, that I shall not take railing for arguments, nor think either of these worth my notice, though I shall always look on myself as bound to give satisfaction to any one, who shall appear to be conscientiously scrupulous in the point, and shall skew any just grounds for his scruples.." Borrowed from Mr. John Locke's Second Treatises Of Government and A Letter Concerning Toleration..

Thank you Mr. Locke..

Now can we all attempt to be civil, in our discourse.

Regards
CCJ

solus

seems your own posting antics have been lost on you, as you, oh about six/seven months ago slipped into the 'gee i'm just gonna start a thread/post using a bs alt-whatever newspeek link on european supremacy or other nonsense, quote a couple stanzas', and throw it in the social lounge ~ just cuz you can!

oh wait, before that it was quotes from the ancient ones or my favorite...pascal whatever quotes...

just saying~a small thought about throwing those stone(s) you might wish to consider?

ipse

Last edited:

Va_Nemo

My Creed--

To be a Virginian, by birth, marriage, adoption or even on one's mother's side is an introduction to any state in the union, a passport to any foreign country and a Benediction from Above.

Any questions?*

Nemo

*if so, go read it again.

mikeyb

YOU, Country Club Liberal Joe, do not acquire John Locke's intellectual foundation by parroting him.

What? We can't stand on shoulders of geniuses/scientists/people whom come before?

Also, John Locke was a bad man. He tried to keep everyone on the island. :lol:

Paraphrased- "You became so preoccupied if you could, you didn't stop to think if you should." Ian Malcom

We should also stop making things idiot proof. We're only making better idiots.

countryclubjoe

YOU, Country Club Liberal Joe, do not acquire John Locke's intellectual foundation by parroting him.

Thank you for your opinion, you are the poster child, in support of the creed referenced... "Slinging insults seems to be your only method of discourse.."

Your attempts to drive members away is overshadowed by my attempts to make them stay... No one is doubting your intellect or the fact that you are well read, now please attempt to use both for the good of this board and not for its detriment.

CCJ

countryclubjoe

Awww, give ol' Joe a break, it's been proven that he can't think for himself so he pretty much Has to copy from others.

Again another comment that is not helpful for this board.. While my " intellectual autonomy" may not rank up there with yours or Mr. Master Provocateur's.. I possess an open mind, and a humble attitude.. While you and the aforementioned Master Provocateur seek to insult members and drive said members away, I seek civil discourse even if I am over matched in intellect thereof..

Again are you content with showing your ignorance or do you want to be a man and argue accordingly.. Slinging insults will not make you any smarter.

If you wish to debate like a Gentleman, I am all ears, if you wish to continue like a fool, please read my " creed" again..

CCJ

solus

What? We can't stand on shoulders of geniuses/scientists/people whom come before?

Also, John Locke was a bad man. He tried to keep everyone on the island. :lol:

Paraphrased- "You became so preoccupied if you could, you didn't stop to think if you should." Ian Malcom

We should also stop making things idiot proof. We're only making better idiots.

mikeyb, so glad someone else has noticed.

nightmare has already publicly stated he stands on the shoulders of GIANTs looking down on us (read me) stuck in the swampy mire!

guess quoting the ancient ones and alt-newspeek only is within his purview!

ipse

Fallschirjmäger

Again are you content with showing your ignorance or do you want to be a man and argue accordingly..

Is that question? Because it sounds like a question except it can't be a question unless it was written by someone who doesn't know what a question mark was. And that would be exceedingly odd coming from someone with such a penchant for trying to impress strangers on the internet by his use of big words. :question:

countryclubjoe

As the resident labeled shoe shine boy I have no comment. I will be off to shine shoes for the massar now.

LOL

See, now that is funny, thank you for adding some humor unto this thread. WW, I always suspected you had a sense of humor.. Glad to see it.

CCJ

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Lots of people post stupid crap on the internet and most of it isn't worth reply. In that regard, this forum is far better than most, but it is not immune. And sometimes arguing about stupid points is fun as long as one doesn't get sucked in and start taking it personally.

countryclubjoe

Lots of people post stupid crap on the internet and most of it isn't worth reply. In that regard, this forum is far better than most, but it is not immune. And sometimes arguing about stupid points is fun as long as one doesn't get sucked in and start taking it personally.

+1--- Finally a voice of reason..

Regards
CCJ