• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

truly confused on the message this vignette is trying to convey

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
In public they advocate yes, however behind closed doors, they don't want anyone to have guns except those in their little fraternity..

My .02
CCJ
Depends where you are and if you are talking to the chief of the Indians. It seems many chiefs and more so urban cops are more anti citizen carry. In more rural areas, I often see the higher ups anti while the guys on the street tend towards pro citizen carry. Also, sheriffs tend more toward citizen 2A but they are typically policing more rural areas than the dept chiefs.

So, I suspect if we got to the heart of the matter, we would find that like so much else with our current political climate in America, that the most obvious divide is more urban/not urban than most other factors.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Cities tend to be wealthier than less densely populated areas, but also more stratified, while more rural areas are poorer but more egalitarian. Urban populations also tend to be better educated (and highly skilled) overall, more ethnically diverse (with more immigrants), and less religious, while the countryside is less skilled, more homogeneous (in American terms: white), and more religious (though church attendance even in rural areas appears to be falling).
Not from my perspective. Wealthier meaning dollars and cents, or meaning happiness? They are two different things and have nothing to do with demographics. Urban areas are better educated. Berkeley comes to mind. Church attendance falling? Of course it is. People have finely figured out the good book, whatever version they read, doesn't say what the preachers say it says.

The government is the problem. When I was growing-up bartering was common place. Where did the government ever get the power to know how much money I have in my bank account and how I spend my money? Opinions are a dime a dozen even tho not worth a plug nickel.

countryclubjoe

Not from my perspective. Wealthier meaning dollars and cents, or meaning happiness? They are two different things and have nothing to do with demographics. Urban areas are better educated. Berkeley comes to mind. Church attendance falling? Of course it is. People have finely figured out the good book, whatever version they read, doesn't say what the preachers say it says.

The government is the problem. When I was growing-up bartering was common place. Where did the government ever get the power to know how much money I have in my bank account and how I spend my money? Opinions are a dime a dozen even tho not worth a plug nickel.

Did you enter into a contract with the G, via your SS# or obtain any type of license? If yes, you gave them permission to violate your privacy.. Obviously unbeknown to you..

My .02
Regards
CCJ