• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What carry gun do you carry?

Urban Youth

So I'm sure this thread has been made before, but I couldn't find anything made within the last few months. So whatguns do you OC?

I oc either a Glock 17 or a p226 in 9mm when around the house or out running in an urban/suburban environment. When I'm out in rural and wilderness environments I usually carry a Ruger GP100 as my sidearm.

Last edited:

Urban Youth

Glock pistols are honestly pretty boring. I know carrying a pistol isn't really about appearances but I'd rather carry a good looking gun that has a similar track record to the Glock pistols as far as reliability goes. I've got my Glock cerakoted, so it's not just a bland rectangular prism with a grip on it. It's a white, dark blue, and black rectangular prism witha grip on it.

solus

i see why you advocate keeping yours locked in a safe...

ipse

Oh contraire, my scared little friend. That is the one who always travels with me. My other friends stay safely locked away when not in use. But you keep carrying your Hi-point. :)

truly scooter? i shall however presume you believe you are being kute instead of engaging in disparaging remarks in a feeble attempt to raise your standing...

ipse

2011: http://www.guns.com/review/7-reasons-not-to-get-a-glock/

2013: what precipitated the comment about the safe: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/09/robert-farago/case-glock/

2017: https://thearmsguide.com/3583/the-anti-glock-talk-a-rebuttal/

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Bite your tongue WW! Glocks are an Austrian thing of beauty! Hi-points are the ugly girl standing against the wall at the middle school dance!

Let's see HP has a 2X4 slide, Glock has a 2x4 grip, both are black one the ugly grip can be seen, the other the ugly slide is concealed by the holster. Plus one is American made with a full lifetime warranty, the other is not. One can be shot with cast ammo, the other it voids the warranty. One does not need a custom barrel to shoot cast, and it still voids the warranty. The other the gun will be replaced even if the dog chews it up, free of charge. If a Glock is stolen from the pick up truck it will cost over 300 bucks to replace, the HP about $150. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the wallet.

Call Glock in Georgia, tell them your dog chewed your Glock frame, get back to me when they stop laughing.

Last edited:

redhawk44

Let's see HP has a 2X4 slide, Glock has a 2x4 grip, both are black one the ugly grip can be seen, the other the ugly slide is concealed by the holster. Plus one is American made with a full lifetime warranty, the other is not. One can be shot with cast ammo, the other it voids the warranty. One does not need a custom barrel to shoot cast, and it still voids the warranty. The other the gun will be replaced even if the dog chews it up, free of charge. If a Glock is stolen from the pick up truck it will cost over 300 bucks to replace, the HP about $150. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the wallet.

Call Glock in Georgia, tell them your dog chewed your Glock frame, get back to me when they stop laughing.

While I am not particularly a Glock fan (I prefer CZ), a Glock can be the basis for becoming a prince (or at least a Duke), if one wishes to bestow the effort and resources, however, a Hi-Point will always be a frog. The value one assigns to cost, warranty and replacement is subjective.