• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What carry gun do you carry?

redhawk44

redhawk44, when you get finished chasing your contextual word tail around, let me know and i'll scoop up the puddle of ghee in the chamber pot and dispose of it in the industrial loo.

ipse

While your euphemisms are recognized as veiled insults -

". . . In spite of all this, I don't let a single opportunity pass unheeded, nor have I lost my sense of humor. When God created the ass he gave him a thick skin." - Einstein:

"Let each of us boldly and honestly say: How little it is that I really know!" - Voltaire

In candore decus

solus

snippp...

As my post history reflects, I am not one who usually engages in internet intellectual jousting. I especially find it less than stimulating when it becomes a tit for tat, or gotcha engagement. You have a fine evening. I am done here Mod(s).

yet here you are quoting, er sorry, misquoting, out of context Einstein on his view of religion as well as Voltaire on the definition of monsters...

you should perhaps stick to your comment above and not engage...

yes, please have a very fine evening...

ipse

redhawk44

yet here you are quoting, er sorry, misquoting, out of context Einstein on his view of religion as well as Voltaire on the definition of monsters...

you should perhaps stick to your comment above and not engage...

yes, please have a very fine evening...

ipse

My contextomy was intentional and not meant to promote any position and argument, unlike yours. A reader is welcome to consider it or not.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
While your euphemisms are recognized as veiled insults -

". . . In spite of all this, I don't let a single opportunity pass unheeded, nor have I lost my sense of humor. When God created the ass he gave him a thick skin." - Einstein:

"Let each of us boldly and honestly say: How little it is that I really know!" - Voltaire

In candore decus

Affirmation of my decision to place Solus on Ignore....

since9

Campaign Veteran
A HP 9mm is NOT a small-caliber handgun as is any 9mm handgun.

Wikipedia isn't the ultimate authority on guns, but it's a pretty good start. Here's what I found: "Small-bore refers to calibers with a diameter of .32 inches or smaller. It may also refer to small-bore rifle competition. The medium-bore refers to calibers with a diameter between .33 inches up to .39 inches and large-bore refers to calibers with a diameter of .40 inches or larger. Miniature bore historically referred to calibers under .22. There is much variance in the use of the term small-bore which over the years has changed considerably with anything under .577 caliber considered small-bore prior to the mid-19th century."

Speaking of which, I carry a medium-bore handgun. Specifically, a CZ 85 B. It's a 9mm semi-automatic pistol.

Last edited:

vMac

Glock 26 4 Gen with the MTR Holster from Tec Lab

Last edited:

solus

Wikipedia isn't the ultimate authority on guns, but it's a pretty good start. Here's what I found: "Small-bore refers to calibers with a diameter of .32 inches or smaller. It may also refer to small-bore rifle competition. The medium-bore refers to calibers with a diameter between .33 inches up to .39 inches and large-bore refers to calibers with a diameter of .40 inches or larger. Miniature bore historically referred to calibers under .22. There is much variance in the use of the term small-bore which over the years has changed considerably with anything under .577 caliber considered small-bore prior to the mid-19th century."

Speaking of which, I carry a medium-bore handgun. Specifically, a CZ 85 B. It's a 9mm semi-automatic pistol.

so love it when you mix metaphors...

btw, bit of advice...you might wish to review the references from your quoted wiki article...all refer to 'RIFLE' explanations...

enjoy your medium-bore handgun...

thanks for the chuckle since9...and said so proudly !

ipse

Last edited: