• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best looking OC EDC Photo Thread

WalkingWolf

Hey I just want to see some gun pictures to brighten the day.

My entry for today.

P1010013_zpszuhg4azj.jpg

JustaShooter

I wouldn't say the sidearm itself qualifies as best - or even good - looking, but the holster I had made for it sure is purty.

IMG_2929.jpg

solus

excellent concept WW, so after putzing for over an hour had to give up and but found a facsimile image on al's invention which finally loaded into the tread.

1911_2.jpg

my pride and joy, and first: (you always remember your first ~ forever don't we?) father's 1944 era 1911 w/holster given to me when i was sixteen and shot regularly in my youth at a myriad of things along RR tracks, creeks, and other non moving items out in the OHIO rural countryside; concealed in Atlanta & Tacoma for years, hasn't been shot in almost 15 years as i worry about new ammo being discharged in such an olde firearm, but i do clean and oil yearly!

ipse

WalkingWolf

Shoot it with standard pressure rounds. I have a Star Super that was made in 1947, and I sometimes shoot her. You are ahead of the game that 1911 parts are easy to find. Keep in mind also that the 38 super was released in the 20's, and Colt were the predominant firearm in that caliber. The 38 Super standard loads are almost the same as 9mm standard loads.

I would suggest putting in new springs, years ago a old gunsmith gave me a WW2 1911 in parts in a box. The gun had considerable rust, replaced all the springs, cleaned her up, and she shot like a champ. Made the mistake of trading her for a new Colt 1911 at a gun show, thought I was getting a good deal. Turns out I had one of the few Singer 1911's that were issued.

The Truth

Forgive my naivety, but what do you mean by "Hillary hole"?

Back in 2001-2002 Smith and Wesson began installing internal locking mechanisms on revolvers. Through and through S&W guys tend to stay away from them because it's just one more component that may fail. It's literally a little keyhole right by the cylinder release that when locked renders the gun completely inoperable.

People often refer to S&W revolvers with no lock as "pre-lock."

Last edited: