• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trespassed from sons little league games.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Probably should have stood my ground. In this case I suppose it could be considered a tactical retreat. I was not looking to ruin my sons day. I put a call in to an attorney. I was told that yes my rights were violated and would be best to talk to Dan Moody who is the chief of police and try to get things cleared up. I have options if they refuse. Any advice in wether or not it would be a good idea to record the phone conversation with the police chief?
If you trust your attorney, follow his advice, whatever it may be. If he suggests talking to someone, then record the conversation to the extent possible under the applicable laws.

solus

Correspond through your attorney by certified mail.

I advise against talking directly to a cop, they are not bound to the truth. Your attorney is bound to the truth by his canons of ethics.

Use your state's Freedom of Information Act to your advantage.

that is a grain of truth...

immediately submit an certified FoIA for any an all, 911 recordings (live and transcripts) officer generated reports, etc., for sat an hour before your personal conversation with mr. what-its-name, and do a written brain dump of what was stated with the individual-w/o hyperboles.

oh need to quit discussing it on this public forum.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
that is a grain of truth...

immediately submit an certified FoIA for any an all, 911 recordings (live and transcripts) officer generated reports, etc., for sat an hour before your personal conversation with mr. what-its-name, and do a written brain dump of what was stated with the individual-w/o hyperboles.

oh need to quit discussing it on this public forum.
^^^ this

solus

Relax. This isn't a criminal matter.[/COLOR]

let's see what would you call having police called, OP trespassed for violating city ordinance, all w/o apparent due process per that city ordinance?

ipse

Havoc

I have not retained or hired an attorney at this point in time. I will see what response I get from the police chief. Right now I'm just putting together information and sofar I appreciate all your comments. As far as a FOIA request, I'll see what I can do as right now I'm in Oregon for the week due to work.

Havoc

Get a copy of the lease agreement and see what is says. I would bet is says the lessee will comply with all laws.

I will be calling the parks director tomorrow to find out that information as well as discuss the outdated and wrong municipal code. This will be an educational experience for all parties involved. I'm not worried about any of it. Just might take a little time working around my work schedule.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I will be calling the parks director tomorrow to find out that information as well as discuss the outdated and wrong municipal code. This will be an educational experience for all parties involved. I'm not worried about any of it. Just might take a little time working around my work schedule.
Best of luck. I have much respect for those who engage in the fight you have joined in updating and correcting city hall.

mikeyb

Just to throw this out there-

I was a select softball coach. The teams pay a fee to play in the tournaments to the tourney director, who reserves the fields, etc. Very few tournaments charge admission, and are completely open to the public.

I fail to see how one can be trespassed for not breaking the law? (kinda sarcastic)

countryclubjoe

It appears that your Son and all his fellow little leaguers and their unarmed parents are easy game for bad folks that wish to do them harm, you may wish to address the petty tyrant that would subject " the children" to the potential of such evil.. GFZ are easy prey for evil doers.

Good luck!

CCJ