• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wrong vs Right Thinking

since9

Campaign Veteran
No, I'm not talking about left vs right. Get a grip. Here's a letter to a frend:

My friend, not only are you an Air Force veteran, which I both admire and respect as I would any U.S. Veteran, but you're a clear thinker.

The key thing about clear thinking is to maximize our words in order to:

1. Arrive at the truth: You can convince all of mankind to follow a beaten path, but if it's the wrong path, you've not only done mankind a huge disservice, but you just may have condemned us all to hell and damnation because of some ridiculous idealistic and ear-tickling "sound-good, feel=good" ideologh that's not only no better than Hitler's or the Nazi party's crap, but possibly worse, if not far worse. Please evaluate everything and be extremely cautious that we do not repeat the mistakes of the past. Those mistakes only cost millions their lives. Do you REALLY want to repeat these mistakes of the past?

- since9

solus

since9, is there a prelude or preamble or other introductory frame of reference you wish to share to provide some clarity to your disjointed & rambling thought(s) which leaped to such a disturbing mention of a bygone era which you culminate in mentioning the loss of gaggles of lives throughout the world's populations!

you reminiscing on a particular issue you wish to make a point about?

ipse

Urban Youth

You probably should have proofread that before you sent it, if you sent it at all. As solus said, it seems incomplete and disjointed from reality. Your first sentence in the last paragraph is a run on sentence that, while I personally do not agree with the statement, could have been written better. When putting a "1.", it denotes a list is being formed, and while listing 1 item is technically a list, there's no reason to mark that you are listing your post. Your post also lacks context. I'm a new member here, so unless there's some behind the scenes drama going on, I don't understand the point of this thread. It provides little to no discussion for those not in the loop other than the critiquing of your post or no participation at all.