• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help with a quote-- Plato? NO

countryclubjoe

I need help identifying the person who is credited for this quote..

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark: the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light"..

Many attribute this interesting quote to Plato, many object thereof however they cannot id the person responsible..

I have not found the quote in any of my many reference books or notes..

Some attributed the quote to Robin Sharma. however nothing I can find to support said claims.

Appreciate the efforts and reply's..
TIA

Best regards
CCJ

Last edited:

OC for ME

I believe that G00gle serves results based on your search history. I avoid G00gle to the extent possible and do not use it as a general purpose search engine. Your link's second return is, "Nope, this quote is not from Plato - Ian Chadwick." The sixth is from Mesa, AZ, Community College, as above.

A dinner table question recently, among a bunch of gray-heads, was, "Does having the WWW's facts available make people smarter." The consensus was no. Post-modern knowledge and evaluative skills are shallow and brittle.

To the instant point, anyone familiar with Plato will recognize the misattribution.
Ah, those who are the trier of facts...or where they come from...the all knowing consensus.:p

A consensus typically agrees that having more facts stuffed into you noodle does indeed make one prone to being more smarter.;)

solus

i believe....empirically trust worthy as the gospel...

what follows after those two words is to be taken as absolute truth...

then 'i believe' the subject be filled under 'W' ~ who cares!

ipse