• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shelby Township deputy chief disciplined after allegedly pulling out gun at bar

Hevymetal

Just thought I would throw this out there. If you or I had done this we would have our CPL revoked plus additional charges. Since he is a cop NOTHING, no charges, no fines, very minor disciplinary measures (slap on the wrist and told don't do it again). <Shrug>

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-...plined-after-allegedly-pulling-out-gun-at-bar

"Shelby Township Deputy Chief Mark Coil was disciplined internally after he allegedly placed his gun on a table while he and others were at a bar in Grand Rapids this past winter."

Fallschirjmäger

According to a police report, the bar employee said he didn’t feel threatened and didn’t feel like Coil was acting in a threatening manner. He suggested Coil was trying to make a joke when he produced his weapon after the magic trick

"Aww c'mom guys can't you take a joke? I bet if anyone else in the bar had done the same thing you'd have been laughing your keisters off. ammirite, ammirite?"

OC for ME

Ya don't tick off the second to the top top cop if ya know whats good fer ya.

Both bar employees backed away, according to the report.
Then the bar employees state that they did not feel threatened...yeah, right. :rolleyes:

countryclubjoe

Simply yet another example of our public servants not being held to the same standards has their masters.. A clear violation of the office held and a slap in the face to all law abiding, responsible gun owners.

My .02
Regards
CCJ

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
The cops' collective "so what" is hardly a shock.
The real question is where is the prosecutor? I'm sure this precedent of a no-charge will be used consistently for the next of the non-badged to pull a similar stunt. Well, kinda sure. Well, maybe. Well...