• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Juan County Sheriff and deputy to remain on job despite felony indictments

utbagpiper

Banned
This is interesting. As reported at this KSL article San Juan County Sheriff Rick Eldredge, Chief Deputy Alan Freestone and Sgt. Rob Wilcox will remain on the job despite facing multiple criminal charges including felony charges.

The charges stem from some dispute that resulted in the Sheriff allegedly pointed an unloaded AR-style rifle at someone and pulling the trigger. When investigated, those involved allegedly gave false information.

On the one hand, it would be bad for an elected Sheriff to be too easily removed from his duties by someone filing charges. On the other hand, felony charges would most likely result in court orders for most anyone else to stay away from guns.

Charles

solus

well if anybody wants to know where the ghost of Tammany Hall moved to...

shame the county's citizens are not afforded the same courtesy(ies) for similar activities.

ipse

countryclubjoe

This is interesting. As reported at this KSL article San Juan County Sheriff Rick Eldredge, Chief Deputy Alan Freestone and Sgt. Rob Wilcox will remain on the job despite facing multiple criminal charges including felony charges.

The charges stem from some dispute that resulted in the Sheriff allegedly pointed an unloaded AR-style rifle at someone and pulling the trigger. When investigated, those involved allegedly gave false information.

On the one hand, it would be bad for an elected Sheriff to be too easily removed from his duties by someone filing charges. On the other hand, felony charges would most likely result in court orders for most anyone else to stay away from guns.

Charles

Another example that our public servants, are not held to the same standards as their masters..
I blame the boot kissing prosecutors for being cop friendly and citizen adverse..
My .02
Regards
CCJ