• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"I see you're running add-blocking software..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Really. Are you freaking kidding me? In the 6,000+ posts I've brought to OC forums, I have without any compensation whatsoever, shared with you all the full measure of the tens of thousands of dollars of whatever education I've received filtered through my own experiences as both a firearms owner as well as an OC for the last seven (since Jan, 2010) years.

Uh... What's your beef, again??? Are you trying to say we signed on too late? Not enough postings? We're not on the "proper" OC side? What is that? What the hell?

Well, guess what... When either I or others decide to share any post on this forum with the world at large, we do so on the basis of the efficacy of the article itself, and NOT because either OCDO or Harvard University, UCLA, or Virginia Tech got around to signing off on it.

That, quite literally, could take years. I really don't need to wait for outside confirmation. When I post something, it's because I've already either verified the research or I've researched the conclusions of the studies I'm re-posting and have given them at least a cursory review of their efforts. I often post that research within my post. What's the prob?

DWCook

Activist Member
Yeah the whole "I see you're running add-blocking software..." is a bit old and annoying. I literally at times void most websites that pull that junk. I don't want cookies and my surf habits being used as a way to track. I use a couple different things that allow zero tracking from my computer.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Really. Are you freaking kidding me? In the 6,000+ posts I've brought to OC forums, I have without any compensation whatsoever, shared with you all the full measure of the tens of thousands of dollars of whatever education I've received filtered through my own experiences as both a firearms owner as well as an OC for the last seven (since Jan, 2010) years.

Uh... What's your beef, again??? Are you trying to say we signed on too late? Not enough postings? We're not on the "proper" OC side? What is that? What the hell?

Well, guess what... When either I or others decide to share any post on this forum with the world at large, we do so on the basis of the efficacy of the article itself, and NOT because either OCDO or Harvard University, UCLA, or Virginia Tech got around to signing off on it.

That, quite literally, could take years. I really don't need to wait for outside confirmation. When I post something, it's because I've already either verified the research or I've researched the conclusions of the studies I'm re-posting and have given them at least a cursory review of their efforts. I often post that research within my post. What's the prob?
scratching-head-smiley-emoticon.gif

KBCraig

We hear at OCDO appreciate all of our members, no matter what level of insanity they represent. Now, at this point the best advice I can give is for you to sit down, relax and place a cool wet towel on your forehead. If you feel you are in danger, call 911.

Well, that's just the kind of calm and impartial moderation we have come to expect here since Mike and John stopped participating.

An administrator who takes time to change the forum software to detect ad-blocking, might want to take time to update the maps and state information that is months out of date.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Well, this post brings some much needed clarity to this thread. I finally understand what everybody is talking about. SMH

Well, I knew if I just opened the conversation some others who shared some of these concerns would chime in. :)

As for those of you who are scratching their heads, keep scratching. You might find something. :eek:

ETA: I see that at least one of those who're on the ignore list keep responding to posts which aren't addressed to them. Pathetic? Stupid? Both?

Last edited:

solus

Well, I knew if I just opened the conversation some others who shared some of these concerns would chime in. :)

As for those of you who are scratching their heads, keep scratching. You might find something. :eek:

reaching into my back left pocket...

grabbing my kerchief & throwing it the air...

BS foul!!!

ipse

nope didn't call you a liar here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.