• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UW University Street Fair Weapons Restriction

Lowski

I was looking at going to the University Street Fair in the U district this weekend. While reading the FAQs I came across this gem regarding weapons. I am assuming they include firearms as weapons.

http://udistrictstreetfair.org/info/faq/

"The festival reserves the right to deny entry or eject from the facility guests displaying inappropriate behavior, as determined by event management. Inappropriate behavior includes, but is not limited to:

• Bringing weapons of any kind in to festival"

I don’t see how a street festival that doesn’t charge admission and is located on public streets can regulate firearms and negate state preemption. I am sure they are using the “Our lease says no firearms” argument.

What if I want to access a local business on one of the closed streets, do I by default become a fair goer?

Just throwing this out there for discussion. I plan on carrying like I normally do.

solus

I was looking at going to the University Street Fair in the U district this weekend. While reading the FAQs I came across this gem regarding weapons. I am assuming they include firearms as weapons.

http://udistrictstreetfair.org/info/faq/

"The festival reserves the right to deny entry or eject from the facility guests displaying inappropriate behavior, as determined by event management. Inappropriate behavior includes, but is not limited to:

• Bringing weapons of any kind in to festival"

I don’t see how a street festival that doesn’t charge admission and is located on public streets can regulate firearms and negate state preemption. I am sure they are using the “Our lease says no firearms” argument.

What if I want to access a local business on one of the closed streets, do I by default become a fair goer?

Just throwing this out there for discussion. I plan on carrying like I normally do.

i have seen this kinda of rhetoric numerous times at various venues i have attended and have come to the personal realization it stems from the nice LEs.

personally, i would be far more concerned from the subjective rules that followed:

Disturbing other guests enjoyment of the event ~ imagine running to into a full blown anti who goes screaming amoungst the attending populace!!

Failure to comply with festival personnel ~ uh huh...how are they going to deal with offenders..trespass attendees off the city streets?

Violating festival rules, regulations, and policies ~ written and published and ordained by ??

sorry i won't be in the area this year to 'cross the street' with you while OC'g.

ipse

Last edited:

Va_Nemo

Except for the 2800 miles between me and Seattle, I would be pleased to go with you and get arrested, accosted, yelled at, attempted ejected or them educated should they desire to learn or be a hair normalized.

Nemo

Lthrnck

2800 miles...

Well you don't have to travel that far.... you could come to Dayton, Ohio tomorrow and the Dayton RTA will be more then welcome to arrest, accost, yell at, you with out even charging you money either..

phoneguy

I am game for open carry

A few years ago we would have a small group to go to these events. Have we lost our spirit? We will be in the "belly of the beast" We have safety in numbers, I am willing to go. lets form a group. Anyone?

phoneguy

I have one patriot to come so far.

We will be there Sunday after church. Yes we do carry in church in Seattle!

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I sent an email to remind them of State pre-emption and that a group of us will be attending wearing well holstered pistols.
I, myself, will be at the Sky Valley Motorcycle show with the Men from Whatcom County running an OC booth.