• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where are the Washingtonians?

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Why is there more comments from people 2K miles + away? At least I can be happy that mcbeth is gone. Where are the locals? Get back on board, and be heard. We may have it pretty good in WA, but we can't slack off.

solus

Why is there more comments from people 2K miles + away? At least I can be happy that mcbeth is gone. Where are the locals? Get back on board, and be heard. We may have it pretty good in WA, but we can't slack off.

golddigger, if you truly believe you and yours can operate individually and in a vacuum look at your success to date...

1. king county has taxes on firearm & ammo sales.
2. 594
3. 1491
4. WA AG assault weapon sb5050 & hb 5394

current rumor is LE confiscation of weapons before crimes that havent occurred.

i personally offered to send emails to WA legislature members crafted by a WA drafter but told...no we don't need your help.

personally attended 594 rallies...after the fact & watched WA attendees mope in a "woe is us" mode and not one discussion brought up on a way foreward to counter this fiasco...i at least expected positive commentary not moping in abject resignation!

only one WA group has come together and experienced any level of success... whitcom county...

yes golddigger, so please, please keep re-inventing the methodology to see if it works, then regroup with another 'idea' on an approach, then..ad nauseam!

last i checked, this is an excellent venue to glean guidance and brainstorm & beat ideas around from a common cohort, even those throughout this country, on a way to proceed...

the out of state folk are at least commenting
ipse

O_Kellogg

golddigger, if you truly believe you and yours can operate individually and in a vacuum look at your success to date...
...snip...

Hm... Didn't sound to me like he was looking to work in a vacuum, just trying to get more from Washington to participate.
Rather than encouragement, the first 3 responses offer uncontested derision. (from outside Wash)

I'm not trying to pick a fight, just sayin'...

solus

it is interesting to note O_kellogg, not one forum post from you during the 1491 discussions, nor within the last year...

just sayin'

ipse

Last edited:

Alpine

A particular obnoxious member is jumping down people's throats the moment they post and also posting inaccurate info about WA (ie: King County having a firearm tax (it does not, Seattle does, etc.)).

Since then I've had PMs from 8 separate WA members that not only have they added him to the ignore list but they noticed the damage was already done and they simply don't post here anymore. Most are over on the other sites.

solus

well alpine, should i turn in my WA DL & CCW , oh, of course i shall immediately abandon the home owned in the Tacoma area as well as severe ties with several friends, owners of businesses, in the tir-cities and eastern parts of the state...

then and only then would i not need nor have any type interest in your asinine rhetoric ~ 'oh i polled and there are eight who have just put him on ignore and shake their heads at the damage he has caused...damage done...well, guess they haven't been out here showing their mettle to rectify said damage have they?

damage done...truly this gentleman caused damage...pray tell...the after the event 594 rallys were a bit of a 'day late and dollar short' weren't they, the 1494 initiators didn't even break a sweat as there was absolutely no push back.whatsoever was there?

as for the firearm tax... ya alpine you have me there...wasn't king county that initiated the tax but rather the government in king county's county seat...noticed not one iota of a big push from mercer is or from east of the mountains, or...you know guess i missed any push in its entirety since it appears the mentality is it is happened 'there' and not in my back yard community.

that you fail to appreciate the candor...then feel free to jump in and participate with your point of view of overcoming the current state of affairs, as golddigger pointed out there isn't any!!

please advise alpine, from mercer, what have you done for the western, oh h3ll's bells, any part of the state for OC'g, CC'g, or to mitigate any of the ludicrous statutes going on in the state?

i know of four kind souls who have left the state and yet do not ping with any kind of guidance whatsoever to provide their expertise to their home stomping grounds...

i do know...a nationally promoted forum, even if members are perceived as idiots, at least gets the country to note, acknowledge, and possibly recognize the short comings of the evergreen's firearm issues and quite possibly provide a methodology to come up with new ways to fight the injustices instead of grumbling and taking pot shots at passer-bys as you sit 'always' doing it our way ~ which is doing nothing at all.

MSG L, this post's commentary is not directed at you as your exemplary results shown and have achieved in your area ~ your efforts are noted truly appreciated and you and those who work with you should be proud of your accomplishments and achievements.

so alpine, et al., should this crusader give up on the evergreen state based on your singular concept ~ Washingtonians can do this alone, if so there will be a vacant home in tacoma shortly!!

ipse

added...oh never mind alpine, i know what happen to those who have left the state...you'al have put them on ignore and ban'd from posting WA sub threads

Last edited:

solus

btw golddigger14...found two members and brought them out of the woodwork and posting...and know where eight others are allegedly hiding, sorry you were not invited to participate in their private foray(ies), as well as at least four others who, since they left the state, are by written or unwritten protocols are apparently not permitted to post to the WA sub forum.

ipse

solus

Up jump de Debbil!

Shut de do, keep out de debbil,
Shut de do, keep de debbil in the night,
Shut de do, keep out de debbil,
|: Light a candle, everything's all right. :|

candle.jpg

see if this work on ya..

ipse

mnrobitaille

If Washington State is so great, why do we not have constitutional carry yet? Why is Seattle, basically, a big gun free zone?

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
only one WA group has come together and experienced any level of success... whitcom county...
just sayin'...

Up here we call it .........."Whatcom County"

If Washington State is so great, why do we not have constitutional carry yet? Why is Seattle, basically, a big gun free zone?

People have lives and other things that get in the way. In order to achieve Constitutional Carry we must enlighten/defeat King county and those who live there.

What did you do for OC and the Constitution today? Yesterday Freedom1man, Boomboy and his Sweet Babboo, spent the day with me "Telling the OC Story". Do not wait for others get off your butt and do something positive. You know we believe that Citizenship is a Verb up here in Whatcom, so help us and help yourselves by stopping the petty bickering and get to work on bringing OC back into the light. I spoke to people yesterday that did not believe OC was legal or that the OC "law" was recently passed. We have work to do my friends.

Last edited:

solus

MSG, my humblest apology for mispelling your county...

again kudos for pushing and obtaining great results...

my objective(s) for at least today was to discuss open carry at the all female staffed dentist's office. from the dentist to all but one, are one board.
one quietly stated to the group she carried, when asked what, she embarrassedly stated a 22...someone snickered and i popped up at least she is able to defend herself..could you ladies...silence ensued!

ipse

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member

Didn't say WA was perfect, and as MSG said we need to come together to make things better. That was the whole point of my post was that people that actually live in WA need to be more vocal ("citizenship is a verb"), and be more active in their community to include this forum. If we don't communicate then we will start losing more ground. The amount of misinformation out there even among gun owners is amazing, and I work in the gun industry. Solus you should turn in your CCW, since WA only has CPL, and LCCP.

solus

Didn't say WA was perfect, and as MSG said we need to come together to make things better. That was the whole point of my post was that people that actually live in WA need to be more vocal ("citizenship is a verb"), and be more active in their community to include this forum. If we don't communicate then we will start losing more ground. The amount of misinformation out there even among gun owners is amazing, and I work in the gun industry. Solus you should turn in your CCW, since WA only has CPL, and LCCP.

a rose by any other name is still OC :shocker:

ipse

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
MSG, my humblest apology for mispelling your county...(no worries)

again kudos for pushing and obtaining great results...

she embarrassedly stated a 22...

The successes that we have here in WC have been a group effort. I could name rascals like SVG and Boomboy to Skyisfalling and Freedom1man. People come together if you give them a good reason and a little bit of prior notice.

As for the .22 another option could be to commend her for her choice.....concealment, light recoil, quick target return, etc. You can always ask if she is ready for a larger caliber and let that be her choice. Best part is, she is armed.

solus

The successes that we have here in WC have been a group effort. I could name rascals like SVG and Boomboy to Skyisfalling and Freedom1man. People come together if you give them a good reason and a little bit of prior notice.

As for the .22 another option could be to commend her for her choice.....concealment, light recoil, quick target return, etc. You can always ask if she is ready for a larger caliber and let that be her choice. Best part is, she is armed.

MSG, she was offered a range opportunity to see if a firearm in my armaments might allow her to do a trial run on a new firearm platform but she is of diminutive size and her entire hand actually only fit into one of my palms, but i anticipate her to take me up on my offer after the upcoming holiday and her smile at being recognized with your final statement...'she is armed' showed the group they need to get on board.

oh, bit of advice, rumor has it that scofflaw called SVG, requires significant oversight...just know you need to keep your eye on him so he doesn't wander off and get into trouble :uhoh:

ipse

fetch

Just my two cents worth.
Getting back on topic, Washington has been hit hard with west side politics, Bloomburg, etc. Like most states the population centers make the rules. Bla, bla, bla.
I can only write about Spokane. Yes, we have had a few rats jump ship and move to Idaho. I have been envolved in this since '06, we still have SMC and police training in place. Our city council took a turn for the worse, now it looks like a mini-me of Seattle. The change happened overnight. It is tough to catch up but, we have some council positions coming open and I am thinking of running or backing someone to counter the crap. Its just slow, like working under water. I don't know what is going to happen.

mnrobitaille

If any City Council positions are open for election, your chance was last week to sign up as a candidate.

Also when filing for a candidate for said position, you have to pay the filing fee (if any). From what I am seeing on the Spokane County Elections site, the filing fee to be a City of Spokane Councilmember is $451. As well since Spokane City Council has districts, you have to be a resident of that district to be eligible.

Just my two cents worth.
Getting back on topic, Washington has been hit hard with west side politics, Bloomburg, etc. Like most states the population centers make the rules. Bla, bla, bla.
I can only write about Spokane. Yes, we have had a few rats jump ship and move to Idaho. I have been envolved in this since '06, we still have SMC and police training in place. Our city council took a turn for the worse, now it looks like a mini-me of Seattle. The change happened overnight. It is tough to catch up but, we have some council positions coming open and I am thinking of running or backing someone to counter the crap. Its just slow, like working under water. I don't know what is going to happen.

mnrobitaille

Up here we call it .........."Whatcom County"

People have lives and other things that get in the way. In order to achieve Constitutional Carry we must enlighten/defeat King county and those who live there.

What did you do for OC and the Constitution today? Yesterday Freedom1man, Boomboy and his Sweet Babboo, spent the day with me "Telling the OC Story". Do not wait for others get off your butt and do something positive. You know we believe that Citizenship is a Verb up here in Whatcom, so help us and help yourselves by stopping the petty bickering and get to work on bringing OC back into the light. I spoke to people yesterday that did not believe OC was legal or that the OC "law" was recently passed. We have work to do my friends.

For one, I put in to be a candidate to become a city councilmember this past week. I've written correspondence to state representatives (both State & Federal). I've been trying to come up with a way to do an Open Carry outing here for Benton & Franklin Counties. As a member of the Franklin County Sheriff's Citizen Advisory Board, I've done ridealongs with Franklin County Sheriff, Benton County Sheriff, Washington State Patrol, & Connell Police Department. I've been actively recruiting for the NRA as well as trying to get more people to sign up for the USCCA as an affiliate.

fetch

If any City Council positions are open for election, your chance was last week to sign up as a candidate.

Also when filing for a candidate for said position, you have to pay the filing fee (if any). From what I am seeing on the Spokane County Elections site, the filing fee to be a City of Spokane Councilmember is $451. As well since Spokane City Council has districts, you have to be a resident of that district to be eligible.

I have run for city council before and actually got some votes. The third dist. (northwest Spokane) is bad, very liberal, it will be an uphill fight. I will be seeing a couple of candidates this Friday.
The work we did a couple of years ago is very solid and I for one (I cannot speak for anyone else), am still involved in city matters.
Also, I have meet the new Spokesman Review editor (very nice guy) and will be keeping in touch about possible OC articles.