• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Paul McCarthy clairvoyant?

solus

while listening to my mixture while doing my weekly outdoor chore an interesting and seemingly appropriate song popped up in my ears for my listening pleasure...

thanks to wiki as they were more poetic..

The song opens and closes with the sounds of a jet aircraft flying overhead and refers to a "dreadful" flight back to the U.S.S.R. from Miami Beach in the United States, on board a BOAC aeroplane. Propelled throughout by McCartney's uptempo piano playing and Harrison's lead guitar riffs, the lyrics tell of the singer's great happiness on returning home, where "the Ukraine girls really knock me out" and the "Moscow girls make me sing and shout" and are invited to "Come and keep your comrade warm". He also looks forward to hearing the sound of "balalaikas ringing out".

The title parodied Chuck Berry's "Back in the U.S.A.," while the chorus and background vocals were a humorous take on the Beach Boys' "California Girls". Mike Love of the Beach Boys also attended the retreat in Rishikesh at the same time and he has stated in interviews that, in order to make the song sound more like a Beach Boys number, he encouraged McCartney to "talk about the girls all around Russia, the Ukraine and Georgia" in the lyrics. unquote.

while whimsical in nature, seems 49-50 years later seem like Paul might also a soothsayer, eh?

ipse

solus

What extrasensorily truth foretold, please?

After the Yom Kippur War, my Navy ship expected a scheduled port call in North Africa. A Soviet vessel got there first and we were hoping to drink with the Soviets that we had been following around for the last year and more. Sadly it was policy that the USN was not to be in the same port with the Russian Navy. The governments may have had their differences but there was a faint unspoken camaraderie[sic, NOTE] among the submarine crews.

well considering the 1973 conflict brought the CCCP and the US the closest to conflict in quite awhile, it is understandable...

I have read, those from the olde country, unless it is vodka, they can't keep up, or so i have read!

ipse

point of order in the grand scheme of grammatical correctness...the main word extrasensory can not be made an adverb as the capability is allegedly grammatically incompatible. just a minor point of order!

DeSchaine

A lot of things could fit the "facts" that the public have been given. Same thing could be said about the K-129. The entire thing stinks like a bad Limburger.

As to Paul... he's right up there with Mick and Keith. Too old and need to give it up. Besides, his latest work... leaves a lot to be desired.