• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BNC Bank of North Carolina in Virginia not friendly to 2nd amendment

papa bear

I feel like this was just BS from the notary public made up. Nothing to do with the bank or the laws

Last edited:

utbagpiper

Banned
A bunch of us just saw our views go down in a ball of flames.

In terms of what the statute requires, so it seems.

But what about the non-statutory social aspects of it. I ask again, how would the "victims" portray a similar incident if a notary refused to documents needed for a homosexual couple to adopt a child or even set up a living will or power of attorney?

How would the sexual minority community react if they found out a bank or other business had a policy against their employees who were notaries notarizing documents for homosexual couples? How would Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton react if they found out a business had a policy against notarizing documents for black men, or for inter-racial couples?

Why do gun owners react so differently? Why do we so willingly accept discrimination?

Obviously, civil disobedience of any kind while armed is a non-starter. But there are perfectly peaceful, legal ways to protest anti-RKBA discrimination.

It seems it was about 20 years ago when Blockbuster video stores reacted to the growing popularity of concealed carry permits (and OC) in places like Arizona and Utah by banning guns in their stores. There was an active, organized effort to make sure that everyone knew Blockbuster was hostile to RKBA. People were encouraged to cancel their memberships and return their cards as a sign of solidarity with RKBA. There were other market factors in play, to be sure. But the pressure from gun people and even non-gun-owners who were supportive of RKBA didn't help the video store any. I think a lot of other businesses sat up and took notice and decided that they didn't need to wade into that political fireball, they were just better off accepting anyone's money who had money.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--

A notary may decline to notarize a document

Any document notarized prior to July 1, 2008, which does not have the notarial certificate wording on the same page as the signature, but otherwise appears on its face to be properly notarized, shall be deemed validly notarized.
This has no effect whatsoever on new doccuments presented for notorization as we are unquestionably after 7/1/08.