• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Activism

poetdante

I've had a problem with the Moms Demand Action group ever since I attended one of their meetings and heard the lies that they tell to citizens who are genuinely concerned about gun violence but don't know the facts. They provide bogus numbers, mis-represent statistics and statements from pro-gun folks like the National Shooting Sports Federation, claim their "gun owning" husbands, friends, etc are for background checks, no carrying anywhere, bans on scary black rifles, etc. I've had some of their leaders tell me they would rather 100 gun owners die for lack of self-defense than one child accidentally die due to a firearm. Their leadership here knows me and several of my friends on sight, by name, and have investigated all of us, with smear campaigns to boot on social media.

Despite being so EVIL, the group grows, while gun owners rarely make efforts to network, and form our own clubs/organizations to combat the mis-information of the well-funded anti-gun crowds. Hell, we didn't get a single good gun bill passed this year, and more than one state representative told me it's because they made more noise than we did.

I see these folks at parades, events, meeting with local government folks. And that's really because they ARE a group. We should be doing way more than they are. I know there are a 3-5 members on here who I've met with and are great at supporting gun rights in KY. And KC3 has been outstanding in defending gun rights! What about forming a club or group, where we can meet up, communicate, talk, plan, and see what good is able to be done in the Commonwealth on gun rights? It would probably be 2 chapters, one in Louisville and one in Lexington, if meetings were to be regular.

If the mad mommies group grew from 3-4 members to about 30 in just a year or two, why can't we? I mean, we're the good guys

What say you on the idea?

LouisvilleMetroCouncilDeclareJune2_zps36nmeigp.jpg

This Friday night they are planning to walk on the bridge in celebration of getting Metro council to light up the bridge orange ($5000 usually, most likely this fee was waived for the group....). Given the recent events I think I'll take a nice long walk there myself.

poetdante

The mad mommies' bar of tolerance, camaraderie and civility are rather lower than that of legally armed citizens.

And yet they get crowds of drones coming in and promoting lies. Sometimes they DO resort to putting their shirts and signs on homeless people to boost their numbers for photos, but recently you have dozens of their members at all sorts of events.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I've had a problem with the Moms Demand Action group ever since I attended one of their meetings and heard the lies that they tell to citizens who are genuinely concerned about gun violence but don't know the facts. They provide bogus numbers, mis-represent statistics and statements from pro-gun folks like the National Shooting Sports Federation, claim their "gun owning" husbands, friends, etc are for background checks, no carrying anywhere, bans on scary black rifles, etc. I've had some of their leaders tell me they would rather 100 gun owners die for lack of self-defense than one child accidentally die due to a firearm. Their leadership here knows me and several of my friends on sight, by name, and have investigated all of us, with smear campaigns to boot on social media.

Despite being so EVIL, the group grows, while gun owners rarely make efforts to network, and form our own clubs/organizations to combat the mis-information of the well-funded anti-gun crowds. Hell, we didn't get a single good gun bill passed this year, and more than one state representative told me it's because they made more noise than we did.

I see these folks at parades, events, meeting with local government folks. And that's really because they ARE a group. We should be doing way more than they are. I know there are a 3-5 members on here who I've met with and are great at supporting gun rights in KY. And KC3 has been outstanding in defending gun rights! What about forming a club or group, where we can meet up, communicate, talk, plan, and see what good is able to be done in the Commonwealth on gun rights? It would probably be 2 chapters, one in Louisville and one in Lexington, if meetings were to be regular.

If the mad mommies group grew from 3-4 members to about 30 in just a year or two, why can't we? I mean, we're the good guys

What say you on the idea?

LouisvilleMetroCouncilDeclareJune2_zps36nmeigp.jpg

This Friday night they are planning to walk on the bridge in celebration of getting Metro council to light up the bridge orange ($5000 usually, most likely this fee was waived for the group....). Given the recent events I think I'll take a nice long walk there myself.
Start something. Do something. It seems with your brain-dead Mayor, there are endless possibilities in Louisville alone for people of like-mind to gather for events, be they meet 'n greet, or OC events.

All are networking opportunities.

Headline: Police: Memorial Day shooting at Waterfront Park was 'gang-related'

snippet: "What we do know is when people are openly carrying weapons in public it becomes more complicated for our police officers to understand what’s going on,” Fischer said.

Since the esteemed Mayor has no confidence in the po-lice, I'd offer your professional services to the LMPD as to how they might gain the necessary knowledge to tell the difference! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...11-30-a-m-big-four-bridge-shooting/354175001/

Last edited:

mnrobitaille

Did Louisville forget 2016??

It seems that 2016 is a distant memory for the Louisville Metro Council, as the 2016 NRA Annual Meetings were held there.

What was the crime rate like for Louisville during that time frame?

poetdante

It seems that 2016 is a distant memory for the Louisville Metro Council, as the 2016 NRA Annual Meetings were held there.

What was the crime rate like for Louisville during that time frame?

Almost none for that entire weekend. The simple thought of so many good gun owners scared the criminals that badly. I dont think they even noticed the lack of beat cops on the streets as so many were diverted for security, Trump, personal visits

Last edited:

ps1mhd

OK when and where are we meeting?

Mike D

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

Beat cops? All of the LMPD officers were taken off their beats and assigned to keep an eye on the very suspicious and potentially dangerous NRA members. You never know when a law abiding NRA member might snap and start a shooting spree. There was nobody to make an arrest in the usual areas where murders happen daily, no matter how many crimes were committed. I heard today that there were 35 LMPD officers within 75 feet of the shooters that killed one and wounded two in Waterfront Park over the Labor Day weekend. So much for the idea that you don't need a gun, because the police will protect you. It happened right in front of them and they don't have even one suspect.
I think I found the suspect.
images