• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Terrorism comes to Virginia?

carracer

They are stating "White Male" in custody. I expect another effort to ban standard semi auto magazines and modern sporting rifles within the hour. CC reciprocity pulled from consideration, etc.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
They are stating "White Male" in custody. I expect another effort to ban standard semi auto magazines and modern sporting rifles within the hour. CC reciprocity pulled from consideration, etc.
Same effort being peated and repeated.

We cannot let our guard down.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
"Terrorism" seems to cover a wide range nowadays. I wouldn't consider this under that umbrella. Still, money gets thrown at problems that use the word.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
The word "terrorism" gets used a lot, and causes money to be thrown at problems. I wouldn't classify this event as such - based on what I know so far, which may be wrong.

efriday

Del Rey park - have OCed there more than once

Apparently, the Congressional baseball practice was at Del Rey park in Alexandria. I have Open Carried there on several occations when I lived in VA. The only comment I ever had was "thank you for carrying".
Still have not heard any Media mention that Virginia is an Open Carry state, in contrast to DC. Not clear which narrative this would serve, except that somehow the whole thing was caused by Donald Trump.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Apparently, the Congressional baseball practice was at Del Rey park in Alexandria. I have Open Carried there on several occations when I lived in VA. The only comment I ever had was "thank you for carrying".
Still have not heard any Media mention that Virginia is an Open Carry state, in contrast to DC. Not clear which narrative this would serve, except that somehow the whole thing was caused by Donald Trump.
Virginia is an open carry state by default = those things not specifically restricted are legal.

The media's lack of pointing this out is just more of the same = error by omission.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The word "terrorism" gets used a lot, and causes money to be thrown at problems. I wouldn't classify this event as such - based on what I know so far, which may be wrong.
Don't bet the farm.

"noun: terrorism

the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

• "the fight against terrorism"

Origin
late 18th century (in reference to the rule of the Jacobin faction during the the period of the French Revolution known as the Terror): from French terrorisme, from Latin terror (see terror)."
https://www.google.com/search?q=def+terrorism&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Last edited:

mobeewan

More perks for the privileged few.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/b...-in-dc-after-scalise-shooting/article/2625970

"One Republican lawmaker believes that concealed carry reciprocity for members of Congress should be considered as part of possible security upgrades after House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, R-La., was shot at practice for the congressional charity baseball game early Wednesday morning. ...."

Last edited:

The Truth

This was most definitely terrorism. The shooter asked who was Republican and who was Democrat and popped a Republican. Guy was a Bernie campaigner. Put 2 and 2 together.

The Truth

"Earlier Wednesday, Rep. Chris Collins, R-N.Y., said that he plans to carry a handgun at public events moving forward.

"If you look at the vulnerability, I can assure you from this day forward, I have a carrier permit. I will be carrying when I'm out and about," Collins said in a radio interview in Buffalo." (From the link above.)

New Jersey, home of RINO leader Chris Christy.

Some are "more free."

countryclubjoe

We have the making of a GOP TERRORIST!

CCJ

WalkingWolf

This was most definitely terrorism. The shooter asked who was Republican and who was Democrat and popped a Republican. Guy was a Bernie campaigner. Put 2 and 2 together.

This is the problem with left wing fanatics, when they don't get their way they resort to violence. I am very leery of any person that spouts the hatred that has been expressed for Trump.

Thundar

Open carry would cure a lot of what is wrong in the swamp. A law that lets swamp creatures carry, but not law abiding citizens, is just another form of corruption!

countryclubjoe

Open carry would cure a lot of what is wrong in the swamp. A law that lets swamp creatures carry, but not law abiding citizens, is just another form of corruption!

Corruption and may I also add, tyranny and enslavement.

My .02
CCJ