• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kansas - Gold Star College Carry July 1st, 2017

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Grapeshot .e to argue and knock our achievement. We are the first in the
United States of America to allow permitless carry on college campus. And the first thing you want to do is argue about constitutional vs permittless carry.
I don't appreciate your attitude. I don't believe your a friend to people who fight everyday inch at a time to improve our gun laws. If I can't post on opencarry.org our successes without being knocked by the administrators we will not post anymore.
Really a sad day for Opencarry.org
Marine0300
Kansas is the most constitutional carry state in the United States of America and we're proud of it!
I do not put down/negate the accomplishments of Kansas. Clarity is not a sin.

Utah has done quite well. IMHO the best by far is Liberty University in Virginia, but that is a stand alone entity.

There has not been a day that I have not fought, taught, and participated to the best of my abiliity.

Please don't allow a thin skinned or sensitive reaction to run you away.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
If we cannot agree on the definition of terms, we will have difficulty in understanding each other. Therefore such nomenclature is highly desireable.
Though I agree with utbagpiper's post #18, Grapeshot is correct on the definition of terms. Disputes always end up in court. And courts cannot operate correctly without a score card. Part of that process is the definition of terms. Not definition of words. Terms are words of art; having a narrow meaning. I have said many times that the three most important things in law is Definition, Definition and Definition. And if you don't define the terms then you have Alice in Wonderland.

marine0300

College Gold Star State

I do not put down/negate the accomplishments of Kansas. Clarity is not a sin.

Utah has done quite well. IMHO the best by far is Liberty University in Virginia, but that is a stand alone entity.

There has not been a day that I have not fought, taught, and participated to the best of my abiliity.

Please don't allow a thin skinned or sensitive reaction to run you away.

Grapeshot,
thank you for being the moderator. I couldn't do your job. periods, commas, words, and definitions of those words mean everything when it comes to gun rights. It's important to be correct.
Everyone have a great 4th of July!
Marine0300

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We are an immense, divergent group of individuals who join together to forge and protect our commonality.

Our strength is in our unity.

utbagpiper

Banned
If we cannot agree on the definition of terms, we will have difficulty in understanding each other. Therefore such nomenclature is highly desireable.

Though I agree with utbagpiper's post #18, Grapeshot is correct on the definition of terms.

Legal definitions are crucial. What gets written in statute and how it is written, and how it interacts with previously existing statute and case law are crucial. No argument at all.

But what we are discussing here is not that. Indeed, I'm not aware of any State statute that refers to Constitutional Carry, right-to-carry, non-discretionary or non-discriminatory permits by any of those terms.

What we are discussing in the use of these terms is marketing, propaganda, attempting to sway public opinion and win the debate in the marketplace of ideas. In this attempt, the emotional reaction of the larger public and gun owners alike is far more important to the kind of political, cultural, and social success that lead to lasting legal success, than is strict accuracy.

For example, both gun owners and the general public (friend and foe of RKBA alike for the most part it seems) accept that Virginia is a "Gold Star Open Carry" State. Clearly everyone involved with the legal content on OCDO is in apparent and long time agreement that is more important than the strict accuracy that would include caveats about carrying normal capacity magazines in a gun with a threaded barrel in certain Virginia municipalities.

If strict accuracy in marketing terms is the highest good, the OCDO's map and legal page and "Gold Star" status is in need of some clarifications.

I contend otherwise and that under long standing OCDO precedence, Kanas is fully entitled to claim "Gold Star" Constitutional (concealed) Carry on Campus status.

But my opinion is worth what you've paid for it.

Charles

Last edited:

gutshot II

Here we go again. One more example of gun owners dividing themselves into groups and fighting about details. The famous circular firing squad. If I am hungry and somebody will give me food, I am not going to argue about what he calls it. All I care about is that it tastes good and fills me up.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Hah. How little you know. The bite of the Lone Star tick Amblyomma americanum (that's without looking - "ambly yo momma" as I remember it) can cause Alpha-gal allergy that will force a sufferer off of red meat. There is no cure that I know, and the allergy can take as long as five years to subside.

Emerging infectious diseases and tick borne diseases are other somethings at which I am particularly knowledgeable.
But, in today's Millennial or Generation Y way of thinking requires instant gratification and be damned with the outcome.