• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

cop who shot philando castile acquitted

Fallschirjmäger

The difference between 1,000 and 100,000 is literally the difference of two orders of magnitude.

How is it that the 'smartest man in the room' can be so unfamiliar with simple English? My meager 109 IQ caught it right off.

countryclubjoe

this is why cops need to stop pulling people over for traffic infractions.

The Government needs the "revenue generators" so as to continue the scam..

A persons individual liberty is at stake each and every time they get behind the wheel of their vehicle. We never know if we will encounter an alpha male or female Leo that is hopped up on steroids.

Be safe out there folks, the robber barrens, are not our friends..

I am not anti cop, I am pro citizen and pro individual liberty!

My .02
CCJ

77zach

I believe the cops is a manslaughterer. But not a murderer. I think he was also a coward. It's not hard to imagine the scenario. You got a sheltered cop who like many Amerikans is just a TV head. Maybe he thinks he and his friends are the "only ones" who can or should carry guns. He fancies himself a sheepdog and goes out and encounters an armed citizen, a black armed citizen. Uh oh. He's scared shiteless and ends up manslaughtering because he's a coward who had no business being a cop, lousy training notwithstanding.

WalkingWolf

He wasn't pulled over for a traffic infraction, that was just his excuse. He pulled him over because he had a wide nose, black, and for those reasons he falsely assumed he was an armed robber.

countryclubjoe

I believe the cops is a manslaughterer. But not a murderer. I think he was also a coward. It's not hard to imagine the scenario. You got a sheltered cop who like many Amerikans is just a TV head. Maybe he thinks he and his friends are the "only ones" who can or should carry guns. He fancies himself a sheepdog and goes out and encounters an armed citizen, a black armed citizen. Uh oh. He's scared shiteless and ends up manslaughtering because he's a coward who had no business being a cop, lousy training notwithstanding.

+1

Just a real shame, that he didn't get to make some new friends in the big house...

CCJ

hammer6

WalkingWolf

Last edited:

77zach

Sorry I missed the post about the SC ex trooper. I am really surprised he plead guilty though considering the record for convictions on police shootings.

He's definitely kicking himself now that the one in Charleston got off for literally executing a man while he was running away unarmed. All clearly on video.

countryclubjoe

The difference between 1,000 and 100,000 is literally the difference of two orders of magnitude.

How is it that the 'smartest man in the room' can be so unfamiliar with simple English? My meager 109 IQ caught it right off.

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn.

" Kid you're good, but as long has I am around, you will always be second best".. Lancey Howard to the Cincinnati Kid (Eric Stoner) . From the movie, The Cincinnati Kid..

QI, you need to work harder, to be entered into the " triple Nine Society'.

My .02
CCJ

JoeSparky

Centurion

I think the more realistic and preferred in my mind outcome would be the complete abolition of ANY requirement to notify ANYONE in any situation that a person is engaged in LAWFUL and / or Constitutionally protected rights, especially with the several reports nationwide of deaths or wounding of persons stopped for simple traffic infractions who either announce our of "politeness" or current requirement of law.

OC for ME

And the odds increase to what.

Number of police[edit]

In 2008, federal police employed approx. 120,000 full-time law enforcement officers, authorized to make arrests and carry firearms in the United States.[45]

The 2012 Bureau of Justice Statistics' Census of State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies (CSLLEA), found there were 17,985 state and local law enforcement agencies employing at least one full-time officer or the equivalent in part-time officers.[46]

In 2008, state and local law enforcement agencies employed more than 1.1 million people on a full-time basis, including about 765,000 sworn personnel (defined as those with general arrest powers). Agencies also employed approximately 100,000 part-time employees, including 44,000 sworn officers.[

Even if they only average one contact with a person a day, one is looking at well over 800,000 for a very rough number contacts with people per day.

Times 365 days that's 292,000,000 persons contacted in a year for a very rough number.

How many wrong full shootings a year even if 100 for a rough number most likely a lot lower as we are still talking about a year ago..

The chance of being wrongfully shot by a police officer is kind of low.

All the numbers are a very rough estimate.

Do your own math if you want to be more precise.
Given the linked article I provided, please review the definition of myopic.

Roaming East

The REAL lie is the myth that cops are 'under attack' and always need to use MAXIMUM FORCE!!! at all times. Statistically, cops are safer now, than they ever were in the past 50 or 60 years. So why the continued harping on how dangerous the job is when LEO are facing a fairly unprecedented level of job safety?

since9

Campaign Veteran
The REAL lie is the myth that cops are 'under attack' and always need to use MAXIMUM FORCE!!! at all times. Statistically, cops are safer now, than they ever were in the past 50 or 60 years. So why the continued harping on how dangerous the job is when LEO are facing a fairly unprecedented level of job safety?

Because Seattle didn't buy tasers for their force?

ManoftheSea

On the topic of announcing the presence of a firearm to a LEO, remember that the 4th Circuit has decided in U.S. v Robinson that armed equals dangerous. Based on this, it would seem that telling a cop that you have a gun is equal to a threat against the officer. That can't go well for you.

Maverick9

Greg Ellifritz gives a good analysis, though he presumes the victim was reaching for his firearm, which he could not have seen - taking the officer's word for it:

http://www.activeresponsetraining.n...e-shooting-and-some-advice-for-my-cop-readers

He cautions his fellow officers about making those kind of stops searching for warrants.
STOP HASSLING PEOPLE! The fact that some dude has a suspended license or hasn’t paid a speeding ticket is not negatively affecting the real safety of the community you patrol. I know you want to do good things and make lots of arrests, but every stop you make has the potential to go REALLY bad. Don’t stop people for bogus violations. Don’t hunt minor scofflaws. The public doesn’t respect you for doing so and occasionally you will get thrown under the bus when you screw something up, or your stop ends up in a shooting that you didn’t intend.

WalkingWolf

Greg Ellifritz gives a good analysis, though he presumes the victim was reaching for his firearm, which he could not have seen - taking the officer's word for it:

http://www.activeresponsetraining.n...e-shooting-and-some-advice-for-my-cop-readers

He cautions his fellow officers about making those kind of stops searching for warrants.

He makes some good points, but training is not the answer for everything, some trainers are real idiots. So what do you get when you put unsure officers with idiot trainers?

The problem is lack of common sense, it pretty much covers all the problems. It is amazing that untrained citizens are far better capable in self defense shootings than trained police, and soldiers. Cowards, incompetents, and criminals are a recipe for disaster behind a badge. Most of these incidents involve one, or more of these traits.

It is time for police officers, and there supervisors to step up. They know who is incompetent, they avoid working with them. One of the big problems with cops is cops shows, if they are hooked on them they will try to emulate them. Even the famous COPS was staged, and many of the officers were shown violating rights on a large scale. If the public could just stop putting people on a pedestal for the job they get PAID to do it would increase professionalism in all of them. This is the same from the preacher, to the politician.