• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC dinner Tues, 7/11/17 at 7:00 PM

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
PVC (Pres of VCDL) has indicated to me that he will attend and bring VCDL carry cards with him for me to distribute.

He hasn't been able to attend a dinner recently, so this will be a real treat.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Let no seat go empty.

Bring a friend, family member, coworker, neighbor.

Educate, educate, educate...and have fun doing it. :D

speed41ae

................Confirmed........Possible
Speed41ae.......1....................1
Grapeshot........5....................2
67GT390FB.....1....................1
hlh1.................1
sidestreet .......1.....................1
Keeper............1
PVC................1

Walk ins are always welcome.

user

Accomplished Advocate
I'm not entirely comfortable with an open-carry dinner in the People's Democratic Republic of Henrico County. Some angry unlicensed school bus driver might "feel fear" because he "didn't know what you might do."

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'm not entirely comfortable with an open-carry dinner in the People's Democratic Republic of Henrico County. Some angry unlicensed school bus driver might "feel fear" because he "didn't know what you might do."
Come on down and observe, bring Peaches with you - service dogs welcome . :)

BTW - this dinner is actually not in Henrico County, but in Goochland County - just minutes from Richmond.

Suggest that you not sing the wicked witch song.

We've missed you lately.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Truly looking for Janet and some of her ladies shooting club to attend.

Rally around the flag and all that.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Truly looking for Janet and some of her ladies shooting club to attend.

Rally around the flag and all that.
John Pierce would have like to attend this dinner, but serious personal/family situation had to take precidence.

Last edited:

sidestreet

Very happy to say…,

that mrs. sidestreet will be attending now, so make mine a 2 confirmed. Will have extremely limited (maybe even nonexistent) computer time for the next couple of days, but if there are any changes, I'll try to find a way to make them known here.

sidestreet

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Jeremiah 29:11-13

Philippians 1-3

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My young grandson (11 yo) will be atttending. It will be his first OC dinner. He is one of my possibles.

He is very safety oriented and an excellant shot - both well trained and a natural. He has the smoothest trigger squeeze I have seen in years.

I confident that he will eventually surpass both his dad and I.

Very level headed/mature young man too.

Last edited:

speed41ae

Grapeshot........5....................3
hlh1.................1
sidestreet .......2
Keeper............1
PVC................1

Dinner is tomorrow night!!!

speed41ae

Grapeshot........5....................3
hlh1.................1
sidestreet .......2
Keeper............1
PVC................1
Total...............12..................5

Dinner is tonight!!!

I have confirmed the reservation.

speed41ae

My back is still hurting me to much from last week when I found that neuropathy, socks and hardwood stairs are bad combination. I am sitting this one out. The reservation is under my first name (Keith). Please have fun and let me know what you decide for next month.

scouser

Good food and excellent service. Prices very reasonable too. Logan wants to go back there for August's dinner just because of their lemon cake which really was big enough for two adults to share, nevermind for him to have to himself

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Good food and excellent service. Prices very reasonable too. Logan wants to go back there for August's dinner just because of their lemon cake which really was big enough for two adults to share, nevermind for him to have to himself
Grandson Colton ate his weight in buttered rolls, chicken sandwich, french fries, onion rings (mine), root beer, and lemon cake which he finished as soon as we got home. I think he is sold on OC dinners.

Distributed about 80 VCDL carry cards which were provided by PVC. He really seemed to like that strawberry shortcake.

I suggest Hickory Notch Grill for our Aug. dinner. Best BBQ in Virginia and awsome desserts too. The outside covered patio is calling out to us. Hope you feel better soon Keith - we miss you.

The expressions of friendship and interest mean so much. Thank you all.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I am reminded about the dedication and tenacity of this group. IMHO, none better in the country. You prove that heavy loads can be carried better when shared.

My good health is enhanced with mirrors and makeup. I tan easier inside than out. :)

sidestreet

I hope everyone had as good of a time as I did last night!

My meal was everything that I was expecting, and that's the way I like it. Very nice meeting Colton last night. I hope he can make it out to many, many more with Grandpa Grapeshot!!! Logan gave a good account of himself also last night! Glad to see River rat, HLH, PVC, and my Buddy, Big Bubba, and it's always an extra special treat when Keeper and Double Tap can grace us with their beautiful and delightful presence! Scouser looked like me last night…, TIRED! Sorry you didn't have a partner to help with the drive back home like I did, mrs. sidestreet made one of her rare appearances (YAAYYYY for me!!!), and I know Joe will be glad when Three Gun Kim can make another dinner, maybe Hickory Notch next month!

Service was really good last night, I was pleasantly surprised and very pleased with the whole affair, no downside on anything for me! So far, the Pickle Barrel has really held up their end of the bargain, each and every time I've been there> Gonna try to make time to have breakfast there, I'll be letting you all know!!!

Sorry you had to miss all that Keith, I hope you'll be better very soon and not miss any more, and we can do this together again, 'cause Logan says so!!!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29:11-13

Philippians 1:3

hlh1

My back is still hurting me to much from last week when I found that neuropathy, socks and hardwood stairs are bad combination. I am sitting this one out. The reservation is under my first name (Keith). Please have fun and let me know what you decide for next month.

Missed you!