• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colonial Williamsburg in financial trouble

scouser

what a shame, it's such a good place. Logan loves going there, and having annual passes means we can go for about 3 hours and then go home. He doesn't get bored and we see something different each visit.

It's also really good at Halloween when they do trick or treat there and basically load you up with enough Mars chocolate to last until Christmas (assuming one kid trick or treating and 2 parents to help him eat what he gets) and it was all free, just had to register in advance

utbagpiper

Banned
A real shame. Some 50 years ago my family visited Colonial Williamsburg just after I was born. We were living in Virginia at the time. My father shot a few minutes of Super-8 silent movie of our visit. My grandparents had come out to visit and were on the trip with us.

I was less than a year old and have no personal memories, but it has been great to see my grandparents far younger, moving so much easier, than I ever remembered them being or doing. They have all long since passed. Even silent, those home movies capture something that still images can't.

A few years back I had the old movies digitized, then put them into chronological order, and burned a disc for each of my siblings and my remaining uncles and aunts.

countryclubjoe

Needless to say, they are not alone, many City, states are all broke.. New Jersey this week failed to make payroll, all state parks, museums, state beeches, other state venues all closed. Government payrolls and appointed jobs are all out of control..

When government officials are inept and corrupt in their duties, we all bear the inconvenience thereof.

My .02
CCJ