• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC reports

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Back at Burger King on Jeff Davis to start the OC events of the day.

Followed up for my 2nd breakfast at Hardee's cross the street, where Wells Fargo security picking up cash receipts had no visible signs of discomfort with my holstered handgun.

Stopped at 7-11 on the other corner to buy a couple of lottery tickets (state donation) - a Richmond LEO happened in and simply gave me a nod and smiled.

Trucked over to Foreyes optical store on Midlothian near Providence Rd. Needed glasses repaired. Was told they could not be fixed.

Went across parking lot to CVS and stocked up on 12 pack cartons of soda.

At Wawa on Hull St. in Midlothian, I grabbed a hotdog and drink.

Next to my new primary mission: Dr. Scott Bailey, optometrist, at 5919 Harbour Park Dr. where I got my sunglasses fixed and bought new frames for my regular glasses.

Went to several establishments on Commonwealth Centre Pkwy in Midlothian including Best Buy and Fresh Market grocery store. The latter was my worst shopping experience in years - no intention of going back.

Headed home and was elated to see my new CD player had arrived.

I will not be scheduling a breakfast meet-n-greet this Sat.

In it's place, I will attend a celebration of BuiltJeep's fathers life (
Jerry McNeill - aka celticredneck was a a dedicated gun rights activist) at Point of Rocks park in Enon, on St Patrick's day, March 17 at 10am if anyone wishes to attend. We will be in shelter #3.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?136457-Another-OC-er-has-been-lost

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had silver dollar pancakes and bacon at IHOPs next door to VSP Hdqt on Midlothian before heading to Point of Rocks park in Enon for a very nice gathering and fitting tribute to Jerry McNeill.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
DoubleTap and I finished up the day at O'Charley's on Gaskins Rd. with a satisfying dinner.

They were mobbed. Didn't know there were so many Irishmen living in RVA...:p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had a gr8 breakfast at Shoney's on W. Broad Street this morning.

Will be at DoubleTap's mother's home this afternoon - it is the traditional place to celebrate birthdays.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Gonna be a bluebird day - heading out shortly for breakfasts.

A smile is happiness right under your nose.

bluebird-of-happiness.jpg
........:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Back to traditional OC breakfast stops: Burger King and Hardee's near DuPont on Jeff Davis.

Got my glasses adjusted at the Vision Center in Walmart on Sheila Rd + found 7UP in the can. Picked up half a dozen other small items. Upon departing this fine establishment, the ticket checker went near ballistic (Sir, Sir, Sir!) when I didn't submit or even acknowledge her demand to handle my private property.

Picked up a few items at Food Lion on Meadowdale Blvd. No one there accused me of stealing either directly or by implication.

va_tazdad

Back to traditional OC breakfast stops: Burger King and Hardee's near DuPont on Jeff Davis.

Got my glasses adjusted at the Vision Center in Walmart on Sheila Rd + found 7UP in the can. Picked up half a dozen other small items. Upon departing this fine establishment, the ticket checker went near ballistic (Sir, Sir, Sir!) when I didn't submit or even acknowledge her demand to handle my private property.

Picked up a few items at Food Lion on Meadowdale Blvd. No one there accused me of stealing either directly or by implication.

All the times I have been to Wally World, I have never been stopped. (Bet she just wanted a better look at that PURDY GUN) Guess they don't want to make the Bear mad. (Daughters say I do growl a lot.) I hit VACU, WAWA, CVS and back to WAWA. No problems anywhere.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The ticket checkers at Walmart are an on and off again thing. They can't seem to make up their mind as to the benefit....if any is perceived.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OC breakfast at Golden Corral on Providence Rd. Unlike revenge, biscuits-n-gravy is a dish best served hot.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Reentered the realm of repeats. Two OC breakfasts - first at Burger King, second at Hardee's - both on Jeff Davis near DuPont.

Left food at BK for tough little homeless dog who is people shy.

None of my other planned stops are open 'cause of the weather...:cry:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Finished up my outside the home OC day at Capt D's on Jeff Davis Hwy with a satisfying but inconsequential meal of deviled crabs, corn on the cob, and baked potato. As usual, the cook came out to extend his welcome.

Their deviled crabs do the trick for me when everything else seems blah.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Gonna have to rethink Denny's as a good place for breakfast on Midlothian.

While much depends on the server, crisp bacon is not limp, yellow fat; repeat requests for ordered sausage should be unnecessary; and eggs over are not brown with crisp edges. Good training and management could yield positive results.

When at checkout and asked if everything was OK, I gave a blunt "No!"

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OCd at the Hearing Aid Store on Patterson Avenue and KFC across the street.

Shopped at Kroger near Chippenham and asked the manager about the rumor I had heard that they were no longer be carrying gun magazines (literature). I was assured that was not the case.

Scored malted milk powder at Walmart on Sheila Drive. I love the stuff.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
After breakfast at Shoney's, I stopped at Walmart on Parham Rd and bought new power strip extension cord.

Made my donation to the state (lottery tickets) at Wawa on Ironbridge Rd.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Finished up my OC day at Capt. D's on Jeff Davis opposite from the Zanzabar (local hot spot) with a specially prepared dinner of fish fillet and shrimp. The cook and I appreciate each other.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Reverting to a tried and true formula, I had my OC breakfasts (2) at Burger King and Hardee's on Jeff Davis near DuPont.

Hardee's is having trouble at this location being consistent with their biscuits. No hockey pucks, please.