• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC reports

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Finished up my OC day filling the Ram up with fuel at Kroger in Midlothian, then grocery shopped inside.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Began at Hardee's on Midlothian near VSP and stopped by Jim's Transmissions to see why anti-lock breaks are locking.

Neither cold, snow, nor rain shall detour our OC.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
DoubleTap and I finished up our OC day with a very pleasant dinner at O'Charley's on Forest Hill Avenue. Baby back ribs were done to a turn.

Psst - it's chilly out there.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Started off my Sunday OC day with very satisfying breakfast at Shoney's on Broad Street at Skipwith.

DoubleTap and I will finish up in style at the pre Lobby Day dinner. Great variety of food and friends from all corners of the Commonwealth.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Returning to the regular scheduled programing.

Started my OC day at Burger King and Hardee's of Jeff Davis Hwy near DuPont for a twofer breakfast.

Shopped at Food Lion in Meadowdale SC where an employee from another establishment commented that it was good to see me and my holstered companion. She went so far as to point it out to a FL worker.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Double dipped at the above Hardee's. First biscuits-n-gravy then pork chop biscuit w/gravy.

Nice Richmond LEO acknowledged my peacefully reposed 1911 with a smile and nod of his head.

Resupplied my stock of Coke Free at Food Lion in Meadowbrook S.C.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
DoubleTap and I will be making a run to the Chesterfield southern landfill today then heading to King's Korner at the county airport for a nice buffet style dinner.

Of course we will both be OCing.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Landfill/dump run will likely be held off until Sunday afternoon. No need to rush such things.

Wish the county still picked up leaves free for seniors as they once did. Raking and bagging leaves can be as much of a strain as shoveling snow.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Without going into a lot of detail, one should always check with their partner before extending plans but so far.

DoubleTap and I ended our OC day at Extra Billy's on West Broad Street. The onion strings are out of this world delicious, leave off the special seasoning. I got enough beef brisket (sandwich w/o bread + 2 sides) for at least two more meals. Our history at this location goes back to before dirt was invented and yes we both OCd.

EB's other location in south-side is very noisy and not conducive to relaxing.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Frequently have a Sunday OC breakfast at Shoney's (8515 W. Broad St). This morning was no different except that DoubleTap joined me. Interaction with others was low key - one mildly bug-eyed couple and a nice family of six that had no problem with holstered handguns around their children.

scouser

Could Logan be there on a school night?

it's real close to home, similar distance for me as going to Nicks and I usually bring him there for dinner if I can make it that month. My wife's on the PTA at his school and they usually have their meetings on 2nd Tuesday too, so he normally gets the option of dinner or the meeting. If the dinner is too far or he doesn't like the menu he'll go to the PTA meeting if he likes the food and it's close he'll come eat

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Maybe we can close on Extra Billy's on Broad Street for our next OC dinner then on Tuesday, Feb.13th.

Discussion?

scouser

Maybe we can close on Extra Billy's on Broad Street for our next OC dinner then on Tuesday, Feb.13th.

Discussion?
perhaps send an email to those who regularly discuss the venues as I suspect there's a good chance none of them have even read this yet, BUT this venue would have my vote. I think Tuesdays are a cheap burger night there.