• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC reports

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OC Breakfast at Golden Corral on Gaskins Rd. My favorite manager (Christy) was not working.

Had an early OC dinner at Capt D's on Jeff Davis where both cooks repeated their usual performance. They come out and shake my hand and we talk for a few. It is nice to be so accepted.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Started my OC day at Burger King on Midlothian near Providence Rd.

As I was leaving a couple approached me to inquire as to caliber and manufacturer of my holstered handgun. There was no animosity or challenge - very pleasant couple who were there as part of a bible study group.

He made it a point to direct my attention to his pocket pistol - a Kel-Tec 9mm I think. Yes he carries for self-defense in church he added.

I made it a point to see that they both had the VCDL carry cards.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Started my OC day at my new favorite Burger King - on Midlothian near Providence Rd. The ladies there know what I like and make sure I get all of the grape jam I might want.

Then directly to One Stop Auto Repair to have new Sport Ram headlights installed. One of our own works there. More often than not
you will see a holster peeking out if you look closely around the shop. This is a true Second Amendment supporting business and they do quality work.

Went to DMV on Ironbridge OCing an empty holster.

From there to Kroger on Midlothian at Chippenham for supplies and gas.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had a delightful OC breakfast at Shoney's on W. Broad St. - biscuits-n-gravy followed by a Belgium waffle with syrup and whipped cream.

Then OCd at Hastings Seafood at Parham & W. Broad St. Hoping they can be talked into making Lobster Dien Bien like the Mathews used to serve at the original Nick's Seafood Pavilion. The receipt is available online and is an epicurean delight.

Lastly shopped at Kroger on W. Broad for lunches and dinners at DoubleTap's.

Tomorrow will be a banner OC day celebrating Fathers Day at my son's home in Powhatan.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Now headed for Denny's on W. Broad Street for a very early start for an OC Fathers Day.

I like to start out ahead whenever I can. :D

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

The really nice lady working the counter had my breakfast ready and waiting when I came inside. Perfection on a tray.

Also my Ram was spotted in the parking lot by another member of this forum. I can run, but I can't hide.....easily. :p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Began my OC day at the same Burger King on Midlothian.

Got gas at Kroger near Chippenham.

Will be going to Target after 1:00 pm to pick up new digital home thermostat at fraction of its normal cost - confirmed price and delivery/availability.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Tried to eat dinner at Capt D's on Jeff Davis last night.

The area was a disaster. High water over the right hand curb, traffic lights out and businesses closed for lack of power.

Motored over to the Midlothian Capt D's where I had a dinner of exceptionally generous portions.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had OC breakfast at Burger King near Providence on Midlothian.

Then to Walgreens and Food Lion both at Hopkins and Meadowdale Blvd.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
After starting my OC day at my most favorite Burger King on Midlothian, I went by channel 12's offices on lower Midlothian.

Surprise - they have a No Guns sign on their door. Sure hope the bad guys can read.:p
One of the double entrance doors was secured/locked in violation of fire ordnance and communication with the individual inside is difficult at best - double doors behind you and locked double doors in front. Left standing in a 3 ft 4 ft area.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had a good breakfast of my favorites at Shoney's on W. Broad St.

Went by One Stop Auto Repair on Midlothian to make appointment to have some work done Monday. Great full service shop and all employees are 2A supporters.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Started my OD day at Burger King on corner of Parham and Staples Mill.

DoubleTap and I OCd for dinner at the Silver Diner in Innsbrook. Pricey with poor service and below average food.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Began my OC day at Burger King on Midlothian.

Then to One Stop Auto Repair to find an allusive ground short in radiator fan. Mission accomplished.

Kroger at Midlothian and Chippenham had no gasoline.

Back at the Casa de Grape for the balance of the morning.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Started my OC day at Burger King on Midlothian near Providence Rd. My breakfast was ready and on a tray at the counter before I entered.

Went by One Stop Auto to inquire about an upgrade to my Ram.

Got my hairs cut at the shop next door to Wendys and Ihop on Midlothian.

Finished up the morning OC outing at Kroger (Chippenham & Midlothian) to stock up on some essentials.
Found out why no gasoline at this location lately - a recent storm blew the circuits for their pumps. Repairs are a work in progress.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Both 6/27 and today 6/28 started my OC day at my now favorite Burger King on Midlothian near Providence Rd.

Had dinner this evening at Capt D's on Jeff Davis.

Bought lottery tickets at nearby 7-11 while OCing - RPD officer didn't care.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Began my OC day at Burger King on Midlothian near Providence Road.

Proceeded to Kroger on Midlothian at Chippenham were I bought sodas and KK pies + filled the Ram's tank.
Had an employee thank me - it wasn't for shopping there..:p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Very friendly staff and the meal is always as good as I hoped it would be.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Began OC day at Burger King on Midlothian near Providence.

Zipped over to Montana Gold Bread Co. in Carytown. Disappointed in their zucchini bread. Arby's zucchini muffins are much better.

Then to pedicure/manicure shop next door to Nu Tribe barber shop on Midlothian. They are closed all this week. :cry:

Last edited: