• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC reports

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had an nice OC breakfast with DoubleTap at Nick's Roman Terrace in Westland S.C.

Upon leaving my Ram's power steering failed. After a series of phone calls and strong arming the turns ended up at a mechanic's home that has done great work for DoubleTap.
Surprise - it wasn't the power steering unit but the steering gear box. It was cracked and puking the fluid. So much for allegedly the best gear box (Red Head)made.

https://www.redheadsteeringgears.com/

I definitely do not recommend using this company/supplier.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Finished up Saturday OCing at DoubleTap's mother's for an early Mother's Day celebration.

Lot's of cards, flowers and good food. She had to be the safest momma in RVa.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had early great start to Mother's Day at Shoney's on West Broad Street yesterday - my server has 2 children of here own, but was pleased to be there.

Today did my Burger King sausage biscuit thing on Jeff Davis - really like it with grape jam...what else?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Completed my OC day late at Golden Corral on Providence Rd - the steak was tender and juicy.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Got all of my ducklings in a row this morning.

Began my OC day at the usual Burger King. Then looking for a large bag of my favorite chocolate cereal, 1[SUP]st[/SUP] went to Kroger on Midlothian at Chippenham - no luck. Tried the Kroger on Huguenot - zip. Ended up finding it at Food Lion not 1/2 mile from my house. Adding the travel expense to the cost of the cereal would make the cereal more valuable than silver or pure vanilla extract, but I had to have it.

In between looking for the bag of breakfast crunchies, I stopped by 360 West Auto Repair to bring them up to date on vehicle status and discuss future plans.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sat down for an OC breakfast at my Burger King with my new hat balancing out the presentation.

Neither of two RPD officers nor a Dunbar security officer seemed to mind my 1911.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had to disarm for a mid afternoon appointment with my primary care physician.

OCd at the new Zaxby's at Midlothian and Chippenham after. Not really impressed with their fare.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Been to Wally World on Hopkins Rd. several times this afternoon getting my Rx straightened out and in hand.

Grabbed a hotdog at WaWa on Ironbridge near MBK HS and saw a walking, talking unicorn! She approached me after spying my 1911.
She was carrying a subcompact .380 cal or 9mm in her back pocket, grips protruding. Yes, we talked about that.

A walkin', talkin', unicorn - sung to the melody linked below:
https://www.last.fm/music/Jimmie+Rodgers/_/Honeycomb

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
For first OC went to Burger King on Parham Rd. at Staples Mill for a sausage biscuit.

Then to Shoney's on W. Broad Street at Wistar. They are always very gracious there.

Stopped by Golden Corral on Gaskins Rd. to see Christy - long time friend.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had lunch with DoubleTap at Taco Bell on Broad St. across from the Tire Man.

Went to a number of outlet stores like Goodwill - made one minor purchase. No problems.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Started the day OCing at Burger King on Jeff Davis. Proceeded after to Food Lion on Meadowbrook and Ollie's. Scored at both places.

Ended up at Capt D's back on Jeff Davis.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OCd at Burger King on Jeff Davis near Cogbill.

Had good conversation with a local. RPD office didn't seem to care that I was OCing.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Started my OC day at Walgreen's on Hopkins for Oragel..:cuss:

Then had biscuits-n-gravy at Hardee's, 4801 Jeff Davis.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Minor medical emergency took me to Chippenham Hospital a 8:00 pm.

Neither OCd nor CCd as I wanted the treatment first and foremost.

Upon leaving, I geared up and went to the 24 hour pharmacy at Walgreen's on Midlothian near Providence Rd. No problem with my OC there.

Back home just after midnight.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had sausage biscuit at Burger King on Jeff Davis early this morning OCing.

Spent the day so far after that recovering from rough night at Chippenham horse-pit- toll.

May go out to dinner. We shall see.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
After breakfast at Golden Corral, went to BJ's for gas. Went inside to make several qualifying purchases for larger discount. The ticket/receipt checker always comments in a positive fashion about my 1911.

DoubleTap

I joined Grapeshot for a nice breakfast out at Shoney's. The place was packed!! As we were walking up to the cashier to check out, a man sitting in the front booth practically screamed out.......look at the big gun....needless to say, he was pointing at Grape's 1911. His guest swung her head around, and said OH MY GOSH!!!

I don't believe I've ever seen a reaction like that. Don't think they noticed that I was carrying. It's that purdy 1911 that gets all of the attention. :lol:

Fun times!

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day.

DoubleTap