• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC reports

Va_Nemo

Come to Lynchburg. Go with the First National Bank of Alta Vista. Both branches here. They have no issues and I go in there routinely OCing. I make it a point to go inside for stuff that I could easily do at the drive in or ATM. Just to desensitize them.

I also have been in a couple branches of The Bank of the James here with no issue.

I'll cover lunch.

Nemo

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Come to Lynchburg. Go with the First National Bank of Alta Vista. Both branches here. They have no issues and I go in there routinely OCing. I make it a point to go inside for stuff that I could easily do at the drive in or ATM. Just to desensitize them.

I also have been in a couple branches of The Bank of the James here with no issue.

I'll cover lunch.

Nemo
I'm a cheap date...:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Celebrated a predawn biscuits n gravy at Hardee's Sunday morning on Midlothian Bvd.

Then to Kroger's for gas - cheap at any price when you need it - :p

To McDonald's on Hopkins Rd, then over to Walgreens.

Scored AAAA batteries at Batteries + on Midlothian.

Good day to OC in and about Richmond.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had breakfast at a new place - the Brick House in Midlothian. Really good food and well prepared. No problem with OCd revolver,

Next stop was the Social Security office at Harbor Point. Needed to get my direct deposit from SS directed to Bank of America. Didn't happen but I did acquire the correct forms.........after 3 hours. Knew better than to carry a sidearm in there, but someone did have a knife - doubt anyone knew it but me...I'm so observant.

Back to OCing immediately after leaving SS then to Wells Fargo and on to Bank of America where I attempted to have a bank officer fax the needed info to SS. No could do - the are not allowed to send a fax outside of their system. Dayum.

Guessed correctly that Chesterfield Public Library on Hull St. Rd.would have a fax machine. Signed the forms, paid my money, and zip it was gone.

Went to Jim's Transmissions where I ordered the parts to install an Auburn posi, new bearings etc in my truck.

Swung by Miller's Detail Shop to remind him about our OC dinner on Wednesday.

The complete sole assembly fell of my right shoe as I went in Jim's Transmissions. Tied it hasitily with shoe string and decided maybe I needed a new pair. So off to Kohl's next to Target on Midlothian Blvd. Found a super nice pair to wear home.

Bottom line is that I OCd everywhere I went (except SS office) and received not a single scowl.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Double breakfast day - first at home, then at my favorite biscuit place...BoJ's.

Stopped at Packard's Stamp & Rock Shop in Midlothian

Then to DMV on Johnston Willis Dr. to get title to slavage parts truck - a 2000 Ram with only 78,000 original miles but severe front end damage. Now if you are familiar with our governor's Executive Order #50 (see page 3) you know that I did not carry in that facility. I will have a fantastic parts bin of things I need.

Ate a late lunch at Bob Evens just down the road - terrible service and order was wrong twice.

Zipped into the Dodge dealership at intersection of Johnston Willis & Midlothian Blvd.to check the availability of some interior trim pieces.

Motored over to Union Bank & Trust in Bon Aire to open a new account. Proceeded to check out Enterprise Rent-A-Car prices at 11651 Midlothian Turnpike.

Last two stops were at Miller's Detail Shop and Jim's Transmissions near CarMax on Midlothian.

Back to the Lake Shawnee hacienda. Beautiful weather to OC in and around Greater Richmond.

Last edited:

FBrinson

Double breakfast day - first at home, then at my favorite biscuit place...BoJ's.

Stopped at Packard's Stamp & Rock Shop in Midlothian

Then to DMV on Johnston Willis Dr. to get title to slavage parts truck - a 2000 Ram with only 78,000 original miles but severe front end damage. Now if you are familiar with our governor's Executive Order #50 (see page 3) you know that I did not carry in that facility. I will have a fantastic parts bin of things I need.

Ate a late lunch at Bob Evens just down the road - terrible service and order was wrong twice.

Zipped into the Dodge dealership at intersection of Johnston Willis & Midlothian Blvd.to check the availability of some interior trim pieces.

Motored over to Union Bank & Trust in Bon Aire to open a new account. Proceeded to check out Enterprise Rent-A-Car prices at 11651 Midlothian Turnpike.

Last two stops were at Miller's Detail Shop and Jim's Transmissions near CarMax on Midlothian.

Back to the Lake Shawnee hacienda. Beautiful weather to OC in and around Greater Richmond.

Thanks for keeping this thread going. I no longer live in the Richmond area so it is rare that I get up that way. But it is good to see that Richmond continues to be issue free.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Thanks for keeping this thread going. I no longer live in the Richmond area so it is rare that I get up that way. But it is good to see that Richmond continues to be issue free.
It is all too easy to say I OCd everywhere I went w/o any detail.

IMHO it is more encouraging to others to show exactly where and with whom we are dealing.

One of my new contacts from these daily outings will be at our OC dinner tomorrow night...:D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
After eating breakfast at home, I headed over to Sew My Monogram in Midlothian at 12016 Southshore Point Dr. Really can't say enough good about these people.They do embrodery work and make patches too. I am a repeat customer.

Dinner was so good last night that I drove back up to Hickory Notch Grill in Maidens, Va. for more of the same. The owner, Lars, came out to tell me how much they always enjoy having our group.

Stopped at Wa-Wa on Broad St below Parham Rd to make a purchase and had the door held open by a Richmond PD officer who didn't bat an eye over my purdy 1911.

Dropped off some things at DoubleTap's and then motored over to Custom Chrome of Virginia at 615 Research Rd in Midlothian. New place for me that comes highly recommended.

No problems anywhere - OCing in and around central Virginia is what I do.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Picked up a pizza this evening from Domino's on W. Broad St not far above Parham Rd.

They recognized me and like to see me OCing.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Up since 2:30 am with sinus drainage. Went to CVS drug store on Broad St. at Belevader and picked up antihistamine while OCing at 4:30 am.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
At 5 o'dark 30 this morning headed over to Shoney's on West Broad Street to refuel my food processor - biscuits n gravy w/cheese, bacon, french toast, fried apples and copious amounts of sweet tea. Shoney's is 70 yo this month.

My purdy 1911 was much admired by the only other two customers in the establishment.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Met Youngblood12 and his lovely fiancee at Golden Corral on Providence Rd at Midlothian Tnpk. We packed away the food and had not the first objection to our holstered friends. She got a beautiful diamond ring - he got a 2nd Amend T-shirt. Fair exchange I would say.

We went from there to Old Dominion Range were all ammo purchased was sent down range....down to the very last round.

Later in the day stopped at CVS on Rt 10 to make a purchase at the pharmacy counter. No alarms(silent or otherwise), just serving another customer.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Renewed my morning tradition of a Bojangle's country ham biscuit. The cashier has become my friend and knows what I want - she fixes it personally. How many people tip the cashier?

Went to Chesterfield Planning office to handle a small problem. No objection to my OCd 1911.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Slept in for a spell this morning, then went to Golden Corral on Providence Rd for a late breakfast/early lunch

Finished closing out my SunTrust account and deposited the funds in the much more friendly Bank of America. Had one of the bank officers point out that my hammer was back on my 1911 - filled him in on the proper condition in which to carry same. Exited the bank to find out that I had locked my keys in the truck, tried everything short of doing damage to no avail. Called locksmith and after a very short wait, zip, snap, pop, and the door was opened.

Went directly to Wal-Mart and had a spare key made for my other pocket.

All events/places were OC territory for me. Had fun too, except for locking myself out of my truck.

Last edited:

Brian D.

All events/places were OC territory for me. Had fun too, except for locking myself out of my truck.

I have a flat headed, non-chipped spare key for my Jeep that will unlock the driver's door. Won't start the vehicle. It fits deep in my wallet and stays put there.

To date that "Plan B" has worked for me. In nine years I've needed to use the backup key twice. Pardon the brief interruption, folks.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Rolled into BoJ's at 7:00 am for my country ham biscuit fix.

Then to my Chesterfield home 20 where I did some computer time while waiting for the yard maintenance guy. He was right on time and didn't bat an eye over my 1911. Turns out he carries a Glock .40 cal - it was in his vehicle.

Went to a new Waffle House on Hull St.for lunch. First WH I've been in that didn't have the no guns sign above the employee/vendor door. Everything was to my liking.

Picked up my jacket from Sew My Monogram off Hull St in Midlothian. They custom made a 2nd Amendment patch for me and stitched it on too. I am a repeat customer now.

Took a sport coat to the Men's Warehouse at Cox and Broad to have it altered (weight loss) and tailored to discretely cover a compact pistol and mags. They were very familiar with my needs and proceeded to pin and chaulk up the coat w/o a negative word. Great price and will be ready before i need it.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Changed up this morning and went to Hardee's on Midlothian near Research Rd for biscuits n gravy. They were packed w/14 in line to order. Had good conversation with a gentleman about my alter ego friend, a .40 cal Star.

Being so close, I swung into Pocono Crossing and what did I chance to see but the new location of the American Diner. We need to schedule a breakfast there soon. Good food and friendly staff.

Over to Walmart on Sheila Rd, they didn't have what I wanted in my size.

Stopped in Bank of America in Meadowdale to break some large bills so as to be able to pay yard guy in cash.

Ate, no devoured, a late lunch at Capt D's on Jeff Davis Hwy were 2 Richmond PD officers were eating - they just nodded.

This time a yard contractor did show up and we came to an agreement - work commences tomorrow.

Finished up my excursion at Walmart in Powhatan where I did find the right size merchandise and scored 2 family size bags of M&M coffee nut candy - a caffine lover's delight.

Long day - fun day - think that I educated a few people about our rights.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sat morning had a group breakfast at River City Diner to bid Tanner safe journey. Gonna miss that young man.

Went to my Chesterfield home to coordinate with the landscaping contractor.

Later in the day attended a funeral service and gathering after to pay tribute to a fine lady - relatives included great grand children.
One of those children was a young twin, Catherine Muir, who has been diagnosed with cancer - she is my hero, tough young lady.

Was an exceptional day OCing. Not an unkind word - many good conversations.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Went to Shoney's on West Broad St. and ate my fill of their buffet. Last plate was a Belgium waffle, strawberries, whipped cream, and syrup - darn good eatin'.

The manager mentioned that he hadn't seen me in a while (health issues). We chatted a bit and he welcomed me back.

DoubleTap and I attended a funeral service at Woody's Huguenot Chapel and the after service get together at a private home in Bon Aire.

No disquieting words or looks as to my OC - a mid sized .40 cal in place of my usual full size 1911.

Last to DoubleTap's mother's birthday celebration where I am expected to OC. Some of the other guests might not have been prepared for an old phart carrying, but wisely chose to not make it an issue.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Crashed in my chair this morning - got a very late start.

Fortuneatly BoJ's serves country ham biscuits and tator tots all day.
Got a blueberry biscuit too with extra frosting - sat in the truck to eat that with copious amount of butter.

Got gas at Sunco opposite the Blue and Gray storage facility on Rt 60.

Ended my short excursion at Walmart in Powhatan where I bought a couple of shirts and scored some Krispy Kreme glazed pies. A gentleman engaged me in conversation about my .40 cal and OC generally - he was very pro, just not up to speed. Perhaps we shall see him here.

Was a beautiful day to OC in Virginia.