• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where can I carry in my car

scooter348

I am coming to your wonderful state next week (Myrtle Beach) and I have a question: Where can I carry while in my car? I have a Va. resident CHP, a Utah Non-resident CFP and I am a LEO. Do I need to keep it in the center console while driving around? Or can I keep it in my Alien Gear IWB holster while driving? Thanks.

JoeSparky

Centurion
I am coming to your wonderful state next week (Myrtle Beach) and I have a question: Where can I carry while in my car? I have a Va. resident CHP, a Utah Non-resident CFP and I am a LEO. Do I need to keep it in the center console while driving around? Or can I keep it in my Alien Gear IWB holster while driving? Thanks.

Suggest contacting an attorney on this. Would certainly hate to have someone here accused of giving legal advice!

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I don't understand the question if you are a LEO.

Would seem to me that under LEOSA you would not need a permit.

countryclubjoe

I don't understand the question if you are a LEO.

Would seem to me that under LEOSA you would not need a permit.

Grape, are you stating that LEOS have more rights, than us regular law abiding citizens?

This is interesting..

Regards
CCJ

countryclubjoe

One must abide all of the law to be law abiding, including licensing and registration of drivers and vehicles.

I own myself, I don't contract with any government agency's, said agency's can keep their privileges, I'LL keep my rights, thank you!

Now word-salad, ask yourself, do you own yourself?.. I await your snappy repartee.

My .02
CCJ