• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Serial preemption violator. Mt Washington, 4th time around.

gutshot II

On Thursday, I got a call from a friend and fellow KC3 member. He sent me the picture in the i link below. It is of a sign at the Mt. Washington Skate Park. Look near the bottom, where it says "prohibited" .

I spoke to the Mayor today and he said the signs would be fixed. He had the Chief of Police in his office while we talked and said that the Chief had instructed his officers to look for any other such signs and remove them or have any reference to firearms painted over.

This is the fourth time KC3 has had preemption problems with Mt. Washington, a tie with its neighbor, Louisville Metro, but that city is about 50 times the size of Mt. Washington and Louisvile has as many employees as Mt. Washington has residents. To be completely fair, Mayor Armstrong of Mt Washington was not in office when KC3 had the first two encounters with the city. On the first two, we had a big arguement and filed suit on the second occasion. Mayor Armstrong has always been very receptive to our demands, polite and decent to deal with and fixed them quickly, but they keep happening. I have no idea how, except inattention. Anyway, Mt. Washington is on the way to being back in compliance with state gun laws in the next few days.

If anybody sees any "No Guns" signs on any public property in Ky. let KC3 know about it, even if you are not a KC3 member. We don't have to put up with this. They can be fixed. We can't fix them, if we don't know about them. We need your eyes to find them. Even if you are unsure that they are illegal , let us know and we'll figure it out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3rjajr956wfznn/7_2_17_8_15_PM_Office_Lens001_1499357078917.jpg?dl=0

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
And they prohibit swearing. Isn't swearing protected by the first amendment right?

Damn, they don't allow guns in here.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
And they prohibit swearing. Isn't swearing protected by the first amendment right?

Damn, they don't allow guns in here.

My grandpappy taught me that swearing/cursing was a lack of proper education on word choice and self control.

gutshot II

To my knowledge, local regulation of swearing is not preempted by Ky. state statutes, is far from any intended mission of KC3 and, to the best of my knowledge, far from the intended mission of OCDO. I'd appreciate any discussion of that subject to take place outside of my posts. Thank you. Gutshot put up with the highjacking of his threads, gutshot II is not so accomodating.

Last edited: