• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First VCDL picnic of the year

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
From Va-Alert dated 7/10/17:

It is time to RSVP for the first VCDL picnic this year!

On Saturday, July 29, VCDL will hold a picnic honoring Senator Jill Vogel, who had the best voting record on gun-rights bills in the Virginia Senate (Amanda Chase, Bill DeSteph Jr., and John Cosgrove got 2nd, 3rd, and 4th places, respectively). Since the picnic was first announced in May, Jill has also become the Republican candidate for Lt. Governor.

The picnic will run from 11 AM to 3 PM and will be at:

Clearbrook Park (in Frederick County)
Kiwanis I Shelter
3300 Martinsburg Pike
Clear Brook, VA 22624

VCDL will provide the hamburgers, hot dogs, buns, fixings, chips, and drinks. We need a cook or two, and if you can bring something to share (dessert, sides, appetizers, etc.), that would be great, but not required at all.

You do not need to be a member to attend, so bring along family, friends, and co-workers!

RSVP

We are requesting those coming to please RSVP so we can make sure that we have sufficient food. Email your RSVP to: president@vcdl.org and in the subject line put: “RSVP for Clearbrook Picnic, party of #”, with “#” being the number of people in your party.

If you are bringing some food to share, let me know what you are bringing in the body of the email. If you can do some cooking, let me know that, too. All that information helps with planning. But, again, you are equally welcome to attend, with or without bringing food.

VCDL picnics are always fun and I hope to see you there.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Been a while since we have had a picnic in the Greater Richmond area.

David Brat would be an excellant draw. I'd like to see him as our governor.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Today is the date of the picnic - unfortunately raining. Hope the shelter is large.

Please post any picures and/or comments from attendees.

Last edited: