• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA training no longer available here

MamaLiberty

Due to a number of factors, including dissatisfaction with the antics of the NRA over the last two years or so, I've retired as an NRA instructor. As far as I know, I was the only certified NRA instructor for pistol and self defense here in NE Wyoming for a long time. Our training coordinator quit years ago, and I don't think anyone took his place either. I am still giving instruction, one to one, to interested people, but a certified instructor is required to give the NRA class for those who still want a Wyoming "permit."

Does anyone know of a certified NRA instructor in the NE corner of the state? Is there any alternative program available? Would anyone like to discuss forming one? I know that AFTT still offers the handgun and self defense classes in Hulett once a year, but that's it. Maybe we could work with them to offer something a little more often?

MamaLiberty

Thank you!

Do any of these fit your criteria?

I still get requests for the NRA class at times, and have not known what to tell them. One of the listings at that page shows a possible option, though it is still 80 miles away, but some might be willing to go that far if their certificate will be accepted for the "permit." I'm going to write to them and see if they have brochures or other material that will give me a better idea of who they are and what they teach - as well as something concrete to give to potential students. In fact, I may just drive out there and take a look for myself. It's been several years since I took a class, so may scope out the place that way too. Depends on how expensive it is. :)

Thanks again!