• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CiCi's Pizza Posted

acritical

Hello all. Just wanted to let those near the Cary/Apex area (Beaver Creek Commons) know that the CiCi's Pizza there is now posted No Firearms. I used to go there quite often, open carrying without an issue, but due to change in work schedule, have not been there in about six months. Went a couple of weekends ago, and they were posted. Needless to say. I turned around and went to Ruckus. Once I got home, I sent a yet to be answered email to the Franchisee and Corporate office. Seems they are not too concerned about my business.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Hello all. Just wanted to let those near the Cary/Apex area (Beaver Creek Commons) know that the CiCi's Pizza there is now posted No Firearms. I used to go there quite often, open carrying without an issue, but due to change in work schedule, have not been there in about six months. Went a couple of weekends ago, and they were posted. Needless to say. I turned around and went to Ruckus. Once I got home, I sent a yet to be answered email to the Franchisee and Corporate office. Seems they are not too concerned about my business.

Daymn!! Bummer!!

Let me heave in a few comments. This is in no way to criticize the OP. This is totally in another direction. Will my suggestions work always for all readers? Doubtful.

But, it has worked. This is to chip in additional ideas, not to criticize the OP.

Do you know that SunTrust bank has had a no-guns policy for more than (seven years?)

And, that I've never been asked to leave a SunTrust bank while OCing? Honest-to-god true!!!

It all comes down to building personal relationships. At this particular SunTrust bank, a bunch of the staff know I am "that guy who carries a gun."

But, the gun is secondary. More influential is the personal angle.

"Hi, Mistherathal. How is your brother's citizenship coming along?"

Trust me. The fact you remembered her brother was a Sikh, working on his citizenship, will carry nineteen more times weight and influence with her than the fact you have a gun strapped to your waist.

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

Nor are they concerned of your safety or families safety.. In my humble opinion, cancel all accounts and seek the protection of your finances to an entity that values your business along with your safety and health...

I have been considering starting a bank with the name... " Second amendment bank"..

If we can't beat em, buy em!

My .02
CCJ

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Nor are they concerned of your safety or families safety.. In my humble opinion, cancel all accounts and seek the protection of your finances to an entity that values your business along with your safety and health...

I have been considering starting a bank with the name... " Second amendment bank"..

My .02
CCJ
That I like.....a lot.
icon14.png

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Daymn!! Bummer!!

Let me heave in a few comments. This is in no way to criticize the OP. This is totally in another direction. Will my suggestions work always for all readers? Doubtful.

But, it has worked. This is to chip in additional ideas, not to criticize the OP.

Do you know that SunTrust bank has had a no-guns policy for more than (seven years?)

And, that I've never been asked to leave a SunTrust bank while OCing? Honest-to-god true!!!

It all comes down to building personal relationships. At this particular SunTrust bank, a bunch of the staff know I am "that guy who carries a gun."

Trust me. The fact you remembered her brother was a Sikh, working on his citizenship, will carry nineteen more times weight and influence with her than the fact you have a gun strapped to your waist.
Don't bet on it. It only takes one employee or security guard to have you arrested for trespass. And for trespass even though you left the business. And yes it has happened.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com

My .02
CCJ

Starting a bank? Really? How will you successfully get around all the fees and taxes imposed on that business since you believe them to be unconstitutional?

wabbit

Starting a bank? Really? How will you successfully get around all the fees and taxes imposed on that business since you believe them to be unconstitutional?

Sigh...so critical lighten up James, everyone else saw the comment was proffered tongue in cheek.

But truth be told, there are a great many merchants who function in those States where the sale of recreation & medicinal Maryjane is legal and have in fact set up their own ad hoc financial institutions in secure and heavily guarded warehouses and other facilities w/o any of the nonsense you are ranting about. BTW the States are furious at the Feds for clipping their hands as they can't touch the excessive $$$ booty except from reasonable "business/occupational/sales" taxes on the sales.

Since these merchants can't put their profits in the Feds banking system due to Fed LE agencies ensuring the ill gotten gain from the State's legal activities, but Federally these illegal enterprises revenues are declared tainted they created a work around which is working quite well. When paying in large cash transactions, they properly fill out the "federal" mandated forms as required and the car dealers, RE sellers, etc., turn in the paperwork dutifully to the ever overseeing Feds who can do absolutely nothing about it under Federal guidelines since the cash was traceable to a legal state approved enterprise.

Further, these businesses pay their state & fed taxes dutifully, some in excess to preclude audits, with money orders or large cash outlay at state/fed offices which the state/feds admin are not capable of accepting.

WalkingWolf

Considering that financial institutions have been used to attack the NRA, and the amount of holdings they have. Why have they not created a bank? Just seems to make sense.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Sigh...so critical lighten up James, everyone else saw the comment was proffered tongue in cheek.

But truth be told, there are a great many merchants who function in those States where the sale of recreation & medicinal Maryjane is legal and have in fact set up their own ad hoc financial institutions in secure and heavily guarded warehouses and other facilities w/o any of the nonsense you are ranting about. BTW the States are furious at the Feds for clipping their hands as they can't touch the excessive $$$ booty except from reasonable "business/occupational/sales" taxes on the sales.

Since these merchants can't put their profits in the Feds banking system due to Fed LE agencies ensuring the ill gotten gain from the State's legal activities, but Federally these illegal enterprises revenues are declared tainted they created a work around which is working quite well. When paying in large cash transactions, they properly fill out the "federal" mandated forms as required and the car dealers, RE sellers, etc., turn in the paperwork dutifully to the ever overseeing Feds who can do absolutely nothing about it under Federal guidelines since the cash was traceable to a legal state approved enterprise.

Further, these businesses pay their state & fed taxes dutifully, some in excess to preclude audits, with money orders or large cash outlay at state/fed offices which the state/feds admin are not capable of accepting.

It was a tongue-in-cheek statement about starting a legal activity to which I replied rhetorically. Since he is of the opinion that fees and taxes are unconstitutional, my rhetorical question related to his handling of those taxes and fees.

You replied with the example of how an illegal activity could launder money in order to "pay" their taxes.... apples and oranges.

wabbit

It was a tongue-in-cheek statement about starting a legal activity to which I replied rhetorically. Since he is of the opinion that fees and taxes are unconstitutional, my rhetorical question related to his handling of those taxes and fees.

You replied with the example of how an illegal activity could launder money in order to "pay" their taxes.... apples and oranges.

James, extremely sorry you live in such sheltered world where the Feds have acquiesced on their war on drugs yet still force their will on law-biding entrepreneurs who establish State sanctioned legal enterprises.

There is absolutely no apples to oranges magic nor illegal activity laundering money, look around you instead of flat out stating someone can't do that or or or.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/sd-me-pot-banking-20170210-story.html

No banking access means paying employees, bills and taxes in cash. It means no credit or debit card payments from clients. No small business loans or real estate mortgages. No services from mainstream armored car companies that also contract with the federal government. No official records to build credit or establish a financial identity.

And it means a lot of cash — cash that must be stored somewhere and makes marijuana businesses an even greater target for crime.

“They have tens of thousands, if not millions, of dollars,” said Michael Julian, CEO and president of MPS Security, which caters to marijuana-related businesses. “And it’s not as secure in a vault in their establishment, in a closet at home, in their mattress, in the trunk of their car, whatever.”

http://www.desertsun.com/story/mone.../marijuana-banking-taxes-california/96217120/

screw it there are more hits than i wish to expend time listing:
https://www.google.com/search?q=med...16fVAhXHyj4KHUXmDZUQvwUIIygA&biw=1920&bih=950

Last edited:

acritical

Daymn!! Bummer!!

I understand what you are saying, and I do have that relationship with my bank (Suntrust), however I still do not carry in there. Since I was banking there before I started carrying, and choices of financial institutions near where I live are limited, I chose to stay with them. The thing about being a law abiding carry-er, I choose to follow the law and try to change opinion before making a point and breaking the law. This has worked in the past.

Since CiCi's recently posted, that tells me that someone either complained or they got some insurance break from their insurance company. If a complaint, it is possible that can be rectified. If an insurance break, that depends on how much of a break as far as the chances of making that change.

Also, am I carrying for my luxury to be able to protect myself, or am I doing it with the hopes that others that choose to can also carry in these places to be able to protect themselves and their families. As another poster stated, it just takes one person (employee or customer) to call the police to report someone with a firearm inside an establishment that is posted No Firearms for everything to go south.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Permit me, reader, to address ColorofLaw (post #5) and Acritical (post #11) in reverse order.

1. Yeah, a fella has to make his own judgment. All it takes is one whiny employee. I came close once at the particular SunTrust bank. I was able to win her over, but if I hadn't, it could've been curtains for OCing in that branch.

2. Oh, I won't break the law. When the gun-buster signs go up in that branch, I stop OCing in that branch.

My overall point in my earlier post is this--the personal relationship you build with the 7-Eleven clerk, the grocery store assistant manager, the dentist (yeah, I OC and he's never said a word in seven years)...it is the personal touch that counts. The more they see you are just an average, likeable guy, the less they worry about the defensive sidearm.

Go ahead, try it reader. Try it without the gun for starters. Here is a great way to do it; and, this comes from a guy with several years experience in retail. The regular customers to whom I most looked forward to seeing were the ones who treated me like I was a real person who existed more than just to collect the money. The customers who joked a little bit, who asked whether I was student, anything personal beyond just forking over the cash and waiting for me to make change.

It is so easy. If the grocery store is slammed, and the checker looks harried, just ask, "Wow, you guys are slammed. How do you deal with it?" If the store is empty, ask, "It looks pretty slow. Do you all get bored sometimes just standing, waiting for the next customer?" Just ask anything that has something to do with them personally and expresses an interest beyond merely their obligation to you as a customer.

It works. It works all to hell and back.

Try it.

Fair warning, though. Don't blame me if shopping becomes more enjoyable. Don't blame me if you pick up eight or ten new acquaintances you find yourself looking forward to seeing again.

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

First off, I wouldn't give them any authority over myself or my business.. I would not contract with the G for any services or protections..

Unless you feel the government would attempt to incarcerate me or inflict bodily harm or both, in that case they would indeed be the big bad bullies.

Me and my businesses only ask to be left alone, we can survive without any contracts with big brother. Hence no contract, no authority..

I do not consent to be governed.

They can impose what they want, I give no authority to robber barons

" Your results may differ" if in fact you attempted to live free.

That being expounded, I know you are going to call me a criminal because I dare to live differentially than you.

James, I would argue and fight for your rights, I can only ask that you do the same for your fellow citizens.

My .02

JamesCanby

Activist Member
First off, I wouldn't give them any authority over myself or my business.. I would not contract with the G for any services or protections..

Unless you feel the government would attempt to incarcerate me or inflict bodily harm or both, in that case they would indeed be the big bad bullies.

Me and my businesses only ask to be left alone, we can survive without any contracts with big brother. Hence no contract, no authority..

I do not consent to be governed.

They can impose what they want, I give no authority to robber barons

" Your results may differ" if in fact you attempted to live free.

That being expounded, I know you are going to call me a criminal because I dare to live differentially than you.

James, I would argue and fight for your rights, I can only ask that you do the same for your fellow citizens.

My .02

So... you are going to start a business enterprise for which you would certainly need a business license .... which you would not do?

Your bank would, I hope, generate profits ... for which you would refuse to pay taxes? Do you currently refuse to pay personal income tax to your state or to the feds?

How do you think that course of action would work out for you?

countryclubjoe

So... you are going to start a business enterprise for which you would certainly need a business license .... which you would not do?

Your bank would, I hope, generate profits ... for which you would refuse to pay taxes? Do you currently refuse to pay personal income tax to your state or to the feds?

How do you think that course of action would work out for you?

Worked for the last 40 years.

Your results may differ.

CCJ

bc.cruiser

My local Cici's (7800 block of Raeford Rd, Fayetteville) is not posted. Checked that out last night while walking home from WalMart. Also went through the KFC with nothing more than a welcome and 'good night'.

wabbit

Ah James, American entrepreneurs using their profits from state sanctioned business activities (illegal in the eyes of the all overseeing FEDs) to expand and assist a depressed area to grow and prosper all the while making significant apple $ orange juice for themselves and their investors. Don't you just love the American way!

American Green Inc., a maker of cannabis products, is taking an unusual step to attract new customers as it capitalizes on California legalizing marijuana: It’s buying an entire town.

The company has acquired the tiny burg of Nipton, California, for about $5 million and plans to invest as much as $2.5 million over the next 18 months to create a pot-friendly tourist destination. The purchase includes 120 acres of land with a general store, a hotel, a school building and mineral baths.

The move shows how far marijuana has moved out of the shadows despite an uncertain federal policy outlook. With pot now legalized for recreational and medical use in California, Nevada and six other states, one in five American adults can consume the formerly taboo plant as they please.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-old-west-town-to-build-pot-friendly-outpost

CCJ business location for your bank!